Wednesday, January 30, 2008

TIF JANUARY, COUNTRY JOURNAL


We had Barbara, and her husband Alan over for dinner Saturday night, and I presented her with my January TIF challenge. She was thrilled with it, and the funny thing was, which you really cannot see in this picture, the colors of her T-shirt matched the challenge!














In answer to Lea's question the other day about the rooster blocks, this is a BOM by
Maggie Walker . This I started some years ago.
This is the bottom section of the quilt below.









A Country Journal Quilt


A Country Journal

This is the whole quilt. I have all the roosters and chickens done except the center big guy and the top berry portion. I had put it away and not worked on it for awhile, and took the berry section out to work on it, from which I had all my pieces traced and placement on the background, and the markings had disappeared. So I need to do that over again, got discouraged and put it back in the container. I do need to finish this. I have too much work invested in it already to just leave it. Those berries are itsy-bitsy, teeny-tiny!


7 comments:

Gwen said...

I scrolled farther down, to see a larger version of your TIF, and it is lovely! How nice to give it to the friend you admire!

Marilyn R said...

Your roosters are awesome! Yes, this is one UFO that needs to be finished!

Candi said...

Love the roosters Karrin. What a sweet person to give your TIF away:)
HUGZ:)
Candi

Lea said...

Thank you for posting the roosters close up picture!
I love it!!!! Wow, This is sooooo beautiful!
I'm very anxious to see you will start this project again. :-)

tirane93 said...

hey karrin - reload your rr blogger html code - your "next" button is missing and it stalls the circle!

great TIF by the way!

tirane93 said...

wowzers that was a fast fix, thanks!

Meg in Albuquerque said...

I have one of her quilts (Maggie Ryan) to do, my
secret garden or cats secret garden, one or the other. I had never done any quilting but I loved the quilt so I got all the patterns, started one, realized it was way beyond my abilities at the time, so I put it away. Now thanks to you, I've got to take it out and start working on it, as if I needed to start another project. Your roosters are wonderful and so is your TIF.