This week I have been working on the winterberries block. Knowing the fabric was fragile, I backed the piece with a piece of black interfacing. I almost finished with the embroidery and when my finger came through the fabric, in multiple places
The one below, I was going to try to cover it up with more chain stitches, but it kept ripping every time I stuck my needle in.
Below was how far I had come, I just needed to embroider the Winter Berries.
These are all the blocks I have finished. I decided to continue on, I purchased some more homespun, and it is not the same shade of black, but I am going to complete the project anyway. I could have cried last night when this was happening. I have the Sunflower block prepared too, with the old fabric, and tried to see if my finger would go through and it seemed to be OK. I ended up throwing away about 3 yards.
I guess this is a lesson in letting UFO's sit for 18 years!
Thanks for stopping by!