Sunday, November 18, 2018

Hand Quilt Along (HQAL), Slow Sunday Stitching


I've been keeping busy with Christmas gifts.  I am almost finished hand-quilting the Angel Quilt, designed by Cheri Payne.  I am big stitching since it is a primitive quilt.  I have around 2 more angels to go and the border, which I am just going to follow the lines in the plaid.  I'm stitching around the angels, a heart on her dress and 4 stars on the background.




I'm also making good progress on my daughter's Christmas owl table runner.  I embroidered the redwork and put them together.  I am about 1/2 way through machine quilting it.



Also this week, I found out that Kathy Schmitz has a monthly stitchery club called One Stitch at a Time.  It is $2 a month or $24 a year.  The first of every month you will get an embroidery design emailed to you.  If you want to check it out, it is here.  I actually purchased one of her prior patterns yesterday that will be a perfect gift for granddaughter Kyleigh, and one for myself.  Just need to get them traced onto fabric.

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one  another.  We post every three weeks to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project or would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

13 comments:

  1. I am in great fervent love with your angel quilt!! I love hand quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your angel quilt is such a sweet one. The angels are adorable.....love the sweet one on her head! Hand quilting is a most pleasurable activity, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your angels, the hand quilting makes it look do soft

    ReplyDelete
  4. The angel quilt is such a lovely piece of primitive quilting, just beautiful! You have a serious head start on your Christmas makes! I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the primitive angel quilt! Big stitching is perfect for this one. Are you using heavier thread too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your angel quilt --the colors, the plaids, the quilting! All of it. Lucky recipient of this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so fast with those angels. What great projects. I love Kathy's monthly stitcheries! I've been doing that for about 18 months, I think, and there's not been one I didn't love. I wish I had thought to tell you that before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It took me a while to figure out how to post on your site but thankfully I did. Your Angel quilt is so lovely - love the primitive look. The owl table runner is fabulous and I have a granddaughter who would beg to have that. I have no doubt you'll get it all done in time. Please don't forget to share the finished projects. Love them both! ~ Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angel quilt is so lovely. I enjoy long stitching too, so much faster than short stitch. Have a peaceful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karrin, those are really cute runners. Good luck with your HQAL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Owl runner, Happy Thanksgiving :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are very sweet! Great job on taking it slow and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the angels and the owls... I joined Kathy Schmitz's club last week, too. Can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete