I accomplished a biggie yesterday, I put together a flimsy for the Flourishes BOM, I think it came out in 1998. I had completed the quilt top for the owner of the quilt shop that used to be in our town for a shop sample, and she gave me the supplies to do my own. I had originally hand appliqued 7 of the blocks for myself and then stuck it in the closet for years and years, and years. Last year I pulled it out of the closet, and it has been my One Monthly Goal hosted by Elm Street Quilts to complete one block a month. This was my May One Monthly Goal to get this to flimsy stage. I was really excited yesterday when I got this together yesterday.
I took this picture outside, and I loved how it looked, and then looked closer at the picture on my I-pad and noticed a big mistake. The two sides should have the flowers facing in. I had switched the two long wrongs in the middle. I was just going to leave it till today to rip out, but decided to take it apart last night, so I could just sew it together today.
This is the correct placement. The original quilt had another border with sort of half tulips appliqued around it, but I really didn't like the tulips, so I am calling this top finished, finally, after all these years.
This was also #3 on my 2019 Finish-A-Long list for Quarter 2, to finish block #12 and get to flimsy stage.
I will be linking up to both Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and 2019 Finish-A-Long when the linkys come up.
Thanks so much for stopping by.