Thursday, May 30, 2019

I've Been Featured, Am a Winner, Redwork Nursery Rhymes

Wednesday Wait Loss Featured
Yesterday was a really good day for me.  I found out my Flourishes top was featured on Wednesday Wait Loss at Inquiring Quilter.  Thanks so much Jennifer, I am really honored to be featured again!

Yesterday while my husband was taking a nap, I decided to do some yard work.  When I came in, my husband told me the doorbell had rung, and asked if I had heard it, but it was when I was outside.  I went to the door, and there was a huge box out there and the packing slip said I was the Hobbs Batting Love Letter Winner. At first I wondered what DH had ordered now from Amazon!  

Several months ago on Instagram, Hobbs Batting had a contest and you had to write a Love Letter to the company telling why you like Hobbs batting.  It had to be sent in the mail, and what you said, and presentation, how you decorated the letter were all considerations.   I can't remember what I wrote, but I have always used Hobbs Batting.  Anyway I won a whole box of batting including:

Throw Size of Tuscany Silk
Queen Sized Tuscany Cotton/Wool
Twin Sized Tuscany cotton
Queen Sized Tuscany Wool,
Queen Sized Natural Cotton.



I am so honored to have won this prize, and I happen to have 6 quilts awaiting my quilting right now.  

Earlier this week, I finally completed all the Redwork Nursery Rhyme blocks which I am gifting to my sister-in-law for her to set in a quilt for her first granddaughter.  I finished the last block, Yankee Doodle.





On my Quarter 2 Finish-A-Long List, I wanted to finish the last 3 blocks, and I have now completed that task.



I unexpected had my granddaughter today, as her daycare provider was sick, so didn't get much done, but I am busy finishing up my Nutcracker block embellishment, and I will be able to tick another thing off my list.

Thanks so much for stopping by!





1 comment:

  1. You certainly had a lucky day. I used to choose Hobbs batting for my quilts but have not used it in quite a while. I have a wool batt that is probably Hobbs.

    ReplyDelete