Sunday, May 19, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching, SLOL


I'm joining in Kathy's Quilts Slow Sunday Stitching again.  I really look forward to this weekly linky party

I meant to last Sunday but my washer difficulties got me down and I couldn't seem to do it.

I got my Hands2Help donations mailed out this week, so I have been happily working on my other projects this week.

I found myself without applique prepped again, so I am determined to finish this last nursery rhyme block I am giving to my dear sister-in-law to put together for her first granddaughter.  I have made a plan for myself to work on it at least 1 hour in the evenings.  I'm about half done.  It is Yankie Doodle.   I never knew there was a nursery rhyme, I remember the song.  This is sort of a violent block with this guy shooting this other guy and blowing his wig off.  


The other project I am slow stitching is my Sweet Land of Liberty project designed by Cheri Payne.  Last year Lori of Humble Quilts had a sew along.  I found out about it when they were finishing up.  Lori is repeating it this year on Facebook and I am determined to finish it this time.  This month's assignment was to do the vines, birds, basket, hand and lettering for "Sweet Land of Liberty" and "America".  I decided to do these appliques with wool, so I have been stitching everything down.  I need to stitch my berries and things down before I do the lettering.





I loved this spotty wool I used for my birds.



Thanks again goes to Kathy of Kathy's Quilts for this link-up and I look forward to seeing what everyone has been up to!

Thanks for stopping by!   Karrin

4 comments:

  1. I agree, that spotted wool is really great. I made this quilt last year and had so much fun working on it. It's such a whimsical idea and the sewing style is so forgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yankee Doodle! I remember searching the internet for a Yankee Doodle embroidery or applique design. I don't know that I ever found anything that excited me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your hand stitching!
    What a unique block for yankee doodle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The SLOL is looking great! Congratulations on getting so much done. AND on finishing Flourishes top! How exciting! That and SLOL are really my main goals for the rest of the year, but I'm not counting on finishing, just on moving them along!

    I'm still working on Unit 2, but I DID work on the angel today. I now hove two blocks to do the stitching, and the little flag that goes under the eagle, and the few flying geese, but I could possibly get all the pieced parts finished and together next week, then finish the embroidery. Then I'll be ready to start Unit 3 which you have almost finished! I like your bird, too.

    ReplyDelete