Saturday, December 18, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching

It has been another busy week.  I had planned on going to the Christmas Guild meeting on Wednesday, but that day and time were the only opening my SIL had time to take my car and get a new tire.  I had had a screw in the sidewall, and he was leaving town to pick up my grandson Jaeger from college.  

Friday I attended Jaeger's girlfriend's dance recital which was lovely.  

Every year I make the grandkids new pillowcases using fabrics they would like.  This was for Jaeger, he asked for cars.  I found a really nice panel with a red Mustang on it, with a white mustang horse above it racing in the clouds.  It seemed a waste of that panel as it would have been folded in half.  So I plan to finish that into a wallhanging.  



This one is for grandson John.  They have 4 cats.  Last year I bought a panel with a large tuxedo cat.  I found this fabric with cats in the news.  John knows a lot of trivia and has a quirky sense of humor, so I think he will like this.  


This one is for granddaughter Klara.  She likes unicorns.  It says something about being magical.


This one is for Kyleigh's boyfriend Drew.  She said he likes the outdoors, camping, hiking, and redwood trees.  


This one is for Jaeger's girlfriend Cali.  She likes elephants.  



Kyleigh said she didn't want a pillowcase, she wanted another cover for one of her throw pillows with a Santa on it.  



Also I made Jaeger and Cali each pillows with the picture that was taken of them at Thanksgiving.   I had really bad lighting in the house today with the dreary weather.  



What I will be doing this week for Slow Sunday Stitching is sew these pillows closed.  

I also have this memory bear I made for Klara out of Papa's pajama bottoms.  I need to sew him shut, add buttons for the eyes and stitch the nose.  



Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas.  My brother and SIL and sister will be coming in this week, plus I am watching John and Klara Monday and Tuesday since they are out of school.  

I'm going to link up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.    Head on over there and see what everyone has been up to.  

Thanks for stopping by!





7 comments:

  1. You are making beautiful personalized gifts, for your family, Karrin.
    Have a blessed week, stay safe and healthy
    Whishing you a Merry Christmas!!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love that unicorn pillowcase. My granddaughter would love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect gifts for your grandkids! They will love them Enjoy your time with your family and merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been doing a lot of family sewing, the pillowcases made to suit each person seem a wonderful idea. I think its lovely that one of them asked for a cushion instead, its always nice when family members actually ask for a project, I think.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family, it's been lovely sharing in your projects throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy week you have had! Enjoy the pillowcases to sew and that sweet memory bear to finish!

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found some great fabrics to fit their personalities! Love the cats in the news print. Enjoy the family time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My head is dizzy with all you fabulous pretties, Karrin. You have matched the fabrics perfectly with each person. Love that adorable cat fabric; it is such fun. May you enjoy a lovely Christmas surrounded by your loved ones, dear Karrin. I will be thinking of you especially this year♡ I cannot wait to see what fabulous pretties you dream up to inspire me in the new year♡

    ReplyDelete