Tuesday, December 07, 2021

Virtual Cookie Exchange & Blog Hop, Day 3, My Day

 




Today is the 3rd day of the Virtual Cookie Exchange Blog Hop. This is the 8th Virtual Cookie Exchange hosted by the fabulous Carol @Just Let Me Quilt.    There have been some great projects and recipes shared in the past couple of days.  The entire line up for the blog hop is stated below.  Many thanks again to Carol for organizing this, it has always been my favorite blog hop to participate in.  

My history of cookie making goes back to when I was 13 or so and my mom handed me a list of cookies to make for Christmas.  She liked to fill boxes lined with aluminum foil filled with a variety of cookies and give them to family, neighbors, and coworkers.   I have been practicing the same cookie gifting ever since.  I usually make 10-12 kinds of cookies and candy.  

Two kinds of cookies I always make I spoke about here in the 2018 Virtual Cookie Exchange, Fudge and Crunchy Peanut Bark.   We always make Sugar cookies, and Russian Tea Cakes, although we have always called them Pecan Balls.  Every year, I go through Pinterest and various places to look for new cookies to make.

This year, I tried multiple new kinds.  These are called Buckeye Cookies III, and they were found on Allrecipes here.  




Peppermint Bark is also a new one for me and I found it here on  I heart naptime.  



I made these last year, they are called German Chocolate Truffles and they were yummy.  The recipe was from Tastes Better From Scratch.  


These are also new this year called Mint Oreo Truffles.  They were from Just Add Sprinkles.  


The last one I have made so far are called Grinch Cookies.  I found them here on The Recipe Critic.  


This might have happened in the making of the Grinch Cookies.  I added 3 cups of flour to the mixer and accidentally turned it on high!




I still have 5 more kinds of cookies to go.

One project I made a couple of months ago were gnome ornaments to give out as stocking stuffers.


Hope you have gotten some ideas for cookies.  Be sure and visit the other bloggers below.  Thanks again to Carol @Just Let Me Quilt.  

 December 6

21 comments:

  1. oooh they all look yummy! What a great variety you are going to have this year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the links to all those delicious looking cookies. I have had the flour explosion happen a couple of times myself. I love the gnome ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gnome ornaments! Thanks for the links to the cookie recipes. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your cookies look delicious! I particularly love buckeyes and peppermint bark--yum! (I bet we could all tell stories of flour, etc. flying all over when we turned on our mixer. LOL!) Thanks for sharing all of your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness you have me laughing here. I have so turned on the mixer and shot things all over my kitchen as well. LOL!!! What a great collection of cookie ideas. I am definitely going to have to give some a try. Maybe I will start with your Oreo truffles! They are the bomb! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to always take plates of cookies to neighbors, but I haven't done that in years. My cookie plates never had so many yummy treats like yours will have. You really bake a lot...love it! Every one of them look so delicious and make me want to drag out my mixer. Of course, I won't flip it up to high! LOL The gnome on your tree is adorable...thank you for sharing, Karrin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes - I've done that with my mixer, flour everywhere! Haha! Mint Oreo Truffles caught my eye. I need to make those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having been born and raised.... and still living in Ohio, Buckeyes have always been a staple in our Christmas line-up. We make them with rice Krispy cereal to give them a crunch and so it doesn't taste like you are eating pure peanut butter sugar. Thanks for sharing all your makes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy cookies. I have also turned my mixer on too high with a full bowl and flour not mixed in, causing a large area in my kitchen to get dusted. Too funny, but everything still turns out yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pi love the grinch cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All those yummy cookies, I wouldn't even know where to start. You have certainly been busy. Yeah, flour explosions happen unfortunately, you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you have a lot of great cookie and candy recipes, Karrin! The all look yummy, and you're inspiring me to do some baking. Love your gnome ornaments, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I remember those foil lined boxes. Mom always used those! I bet your house smells wonderful this time of year. How did you like the Peppermint Bark? The Williams Sonoma bark is SO expensive but tastes so good. Lol on the flour - been there! That little gnome ornament is precious. Good luck with your cookie baking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Karrin for all the great recipe suggestions. I giggled seeing your oops in the Kitchen. I can’t count how many times I’ve done just that! Your gnome ornaments are just the cutest! Happy Holidays. ⛄️

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Karrin! Oh, that gnome ornament is just SO DARN CUTE!! He looks quite festive on your tree. It was a good idea to make them early - no need to stress over gifts if you can avoid it. Wow - that's a lot of cookies to choose from. If you HAD to pick one favorite from your current list, which one would you pick? {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for sharing the memories and the links! What a cute little gnome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, what a great collection of yummies! I have to laugh at the flour all over the floor - I had a similar experience last week when I broke out our wheat grinder I haven't used for years. Didn't have the bowl completely pushed in and it started spewing flour out a little gap! The kitchen was covered in flour, and so was I, standing right in front of it. It took a moment to register what was happening and I was right in the path! I figure it's all evidence of creativity, kind of like how my sewing room looks. Thanks for the recipes. Your Gnome is so dang cute too!♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for the cookie links, Karrin! So sorry about your mixer oops! I get flour all over me every time I use it! LOL I LOVE your gnome ornament. I think I need that pattern! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have some fun and yummy looking cookie recipes. Love the gnome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL, I have done that with my mixer too. Good times in the kitchen... Thank you for the recipe links. I've gained pounds just looking at all the goodness. There are a few I will have to put on my list to try for sure.
    Your gnome ornament is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for so many great recipes. The gnome ornaments are really adorable. Gnomes are so cute and popular these days.

    ReplyDelete