Tuesday, August 23, 2022

See Ya Later Alligator Blog Hop, My Day

 



Today is my day on the See Ya Later Alligator being hosted by the Carla @Creatin in the Sticks.    Many thanks to Carla for creating another fun hop.  The challenge this time is to make something to do with travel.  Anything from places to go, to how you get there and anything in between, or maybe even an alligator.   

The line up for the hop is below.  My thought for this blog hop was to create something with a sailboat, as my husband and I loved to take our little trips on the sailboats he made.  We took our boats all over Northern California sailing.

My sister-in-law Char created this from several of the portholes we took off John's last boat, and inserted one of my favorite photos of us sailing.  



I found this fabric of a world map and decided it would make the perfect background.  I ended up making a new cushion cover with my little Accuquilt gnome  and anchor dies sailing around the world.


I usually make an envelope type opening on the back, but decided to do a zipper closure this time.  I really don't like doing zippers, and this one took me twice, but it is done.





My little gnome sailing around the world.  Be sure and check out the other bloggers below.  

Monday, August 22nd



Tuesday, August 23rd



Wednesday, August 24th



Thursday, August 25th


Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

  1. A very cute fellow is your gnome. I expect you may take hime with you on the sea so he can find his legs. Enjoy your sailing adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The porthole picture frame is so neat. Your little gnome pillow is sweet. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to bring the memories of sailing. That fabric is so perfect. What a great trip for the Gnome. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable pillow and the picture frame is such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little gnome pillow is just too cute and a perfect way to see the world. I love that porthole picture frame! What a great way to re-purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that frame for your photo - what a great idea for a memory. The pillow is cute - I have the gnome die and must keep in mind to make something

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a really special use of a porthole from John's boat, Karrin! I bet you'll really treasure that. The sailing gnome pillow is adorable! I haven't tried a zipper closure on a pillow backing yet - looks like yours turned out good, even if it was challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The porthole frame is terrific. I love the pillow and the gnome sailor! I usually don't put zippers on my pillows - lazy - but I have seen someone who does a larger flap and that might be nice. Its a fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your gnome sailing is so very cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's an adorable pillow and one you'll use and use. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute...love the gnome sailor! I don't find it hard to put in zippers on pillows, but they do take a bit longer. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your sailing gnome hopefully he's not a pirate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute and the perfect fabric to help your gnome navigate his way around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The photo in the porthole is really cool, and I love the pillow you made! The gnome looks great in the scene and your zipper looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your sailing pillow is so cute! Love the traveling gnome! Thank you for sharing this fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your little world sailing gnome is ever so cute. How wonderful to have such perfect fabric to suit the theme. I also love that porthole frame with your picture in it. Very neat idea and a real keepsake now. I would run from zippers, I really would!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute pillow. The gnome make a great captain.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The porthole is amazing. I also love the sailing gnome pillow. Both adorable projects.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww so cute!! I think I "need" that die :) You did a great job, it's perfect for this hop! xx

    ReplyDelete