Sunday, August 21, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching

Another busy week has passed.  These weeks are just whizzing by at warp speed.  Monday I had a dental cleaning.  I was able to get the baby elephant quilt top finished, and loaded up on the frame.  


My granddaughter Kyleigh's 22nd birthday was on Wednesday and we went to Fort Bragg, Kyleigh and her boyfriend Drew, daughter Kristen and Jeff SIL, and Martin, a French student who is visiting for another week.  We rode the Skunk Train and visited the Botanical Gardens.  It's about a 3 hour ride one way.  So it was a fun, long day.  












Wednesday was Guild Meeting.   Directly after I went to Kyleigh's BD lunch at a posh restaurant.  I had Egg Benedict over a crab cake with a side of fried green tomatoes.  Really yummy.  Here is the BD girl with her BD creme brulee.  



Friday I had a nice lunch with my friend Jandra, and we visited a couple of thrift stores.  Then later in the afternoon Kyleigh came over to work on her scrapbook, while I worked on my See Ya Later Alligator project.  

What I will be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching is another of the Peter Rabbit blocks.



Somehow a squirrel lead me astray this week, like I needed another project to work on.  I have had this pattern and yarn for several years, and after seeing other's crocheting or knitting projects, I felt like I needed to finally start this.  



I'll be linking up for Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  Head on over and see what everyone has been up to.  

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the start of the See Ya Later Alligator Blog Hop.  

Thanks for stopping by!









15 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Kyleigh.
    What a nice day visiting the Botanical Gardens with family. Love the sea view and the photo of you with the flowers.
    Elephant quilt is so cute!
    Looking forward to seeing what are you making for the See Ya Later Alligator blog hop.
    Happy Sunday! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the crochet looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking at so many crochet patterns recently that I think it could take more down a rabbit hole!! have you seen Janie Crow's patterns - they look difficult but if I could learn - talk about a rabbit hole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those squirrels!!
    I love the Peter Rabbit block... such fond memories of those characters... he will have a blue jacket, right?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice finish on the baby elephant quilt. I love the colour. Nice photos of your family too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a fun day with the family, beautiful sights, and yummy food! Your new crochet project looks amazing, and such pretty yarn, too. We don't need new projects, but they sure call to us, don't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:45 AM

    You always go on fun outings with your family! Nice embroidery and crochet! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute Peter Rabbit stitching. Time goes by way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    I really like the baby quilt...its beautiful. Cute Bunny.
    I'm working on Granny Squares....it seems to take forever
    to get the project anywhere. ha! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a really fun day with the family. Lunch sounds yummy and Peter is going to be happy to be stitched on today. Have a wonderful week Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karrin, that header photo is lovely! Your elephant quilt is pretty – great way to highlight a panel! Such lovely family and floral photos! Happy Birthday to Kyleigh! Your Peter Rabbit block is so cute! The designer really caught his personality! Your squirrel vest will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a nice day with your family in Botanical Garden! I love looking at flowers, so it must have been a nice experience. Congratulations on the finished elephant quilt. It is so beautiful! Happy stitching on your cute Peter Rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like Kyleigh and the whole family enjoyed a wonderful birthday celebration. The elephant quilt looks great. I like your latest Peter Rabbit. I am looking forward to watching your crocheting grow. I love the yarn color.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful family and what a sweet post! Glad to see you staying so busy! All seems well for you! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds like a great way to celebrate Kyleigh’s birthday. I bet you love having her back home!

    ReplyDelete