Sunday, September 25, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching

It has been another busy week, with activities every day.  Monday was the singing practice.  

Tuesday was the my day on the Queen of Gadgets Blog Hop, you can read about it here.  I made a quilt that was hung at the Begonia Show several weeks ago.  All the time I was quilting this, I kept thinking I wanted to give it to our oldest original members in our branch, and Tuesday night was our monthly meeting and my daughter and I presented it to her.  Joan was brought to tears, we had to take a second picture where she wasn't crying.


Wednesday was our guild meeting.  Thursday was my grandson John's 12th birthday and we celebrated at Spaghetti Factory.  Fun was had by all, especially John and his cousin Keaton.  They were acting like the spoons they were holding were light sabers.









Friday I dropped my brother's lighthouse quilt off at the local quilt shop, Sew Katie Jean that is going to quilt this king-sized quilt for me.  While in the area. I met up with my friend Jandra and we enjoyed a nice lunch at Original Pete's.  After that,  I met up with my friend Barbara, who is 84 and hasn't been doing too well.  I was only about a mile from her house.  She sent me and the girls home with a bunch of succulents, and I took her a couple of the begonias that are still residing at my house.  



Saturday I attended my former coworker Sammy's baby shower.  I got to see a number of my former coworkers.  They even had a photo booth for people to get their picture taken.  


This is Sammy and her husband Loc.  The baby is due on September 24th.


I did finish the baby quilt this week also.


This week I also went through one bag of my scraps and cut them into strips and squares.  I have 3 more huge bags to go through, but I am going to attempt to do some several times a week.  

I've started two more projects.  One is a BD present for my stepdaughter Dawn.  Her BD is October 7th.  She likes turtles and pineapples, and my last couple of gifts have been turtle related.  So am going to make a table mat with a pineapple on it.  I looked at all sorts of pineapple blocks but didn't find anything that struck my fancy.  So I went to free coloring pages to look for a pattern to applique, and I found this.


I chose a number of batiks from my stash and I have all the pieces fused.  I just need to cut all the pieces out now.  

I also started this wooly gnome project.  I belong to this Facebook Group:  Calico Patch Designs and Woolie Friends.  I think every two weeks a new gnome wool block is coming out.  I got the first one fused and I also need to cut out the pieces.  



For Slow Sunday Stitching I will continue working on my Kathy Schmitz stitchery.   I'll be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.    Head on over and check out what everyone has been up to.  


A new blog hop is coming up in November, a Music Blog Hop hosted by Carla at Creatin in the Sticks.  She is taking sign-ups here.  


I found out Saturday evening I lost one of my granddogs today.  Her name was Capri and she was the sweetest dog.


Thanks for stopping by!  







8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you included a photo of your gift to Joan! Your celebration looks like fun. We used to love Spaghetti Factory, but sadly there are none anymore in Texas. The baby quilt is so pretty. That pineapple is going to be spectacular. I'm sorry about your granddog. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting blog post. It looks like your grandson's birthday celebration was fun. Both of those quilts are beautiful. I can't wait to see that pineapple with all the batik fabrics. I love the gnome project and have joined that Facebook group. I don't think I can add another project right now, but I may order a kit in the future. I love your embroidery. So sweet. I am sorry to hear of the loss of your grandpup. They bring us so much joy and it is hard to lose them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:53 AM

    Sorry to hear about your grand dog. 😥

    I don’t know how you keep up this pace week after week!!!

    Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many projects going, and making progress on them all! The woolie gnomes are so cute, and the gifted quilts beautiful. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly did have a busy week. Such a lovely gift you gave to your friend from the begonias group, if she was moved to tears, she must love it to bits, and love you for your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had so much fun reading your post. You have so many fabulous projects in the works. I loves seeing all the family photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful gift for your fellow guild member! Such a generous thing to do for her! Love the bunny stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joan loved the gift - what a smile! You are still an active and busy lady - glad to see that. I found a pineapple pattern the same way - yours will be pretty! Hugs

    ReplyDelete