Last week, my landscaping job was about 85% complete, but due to our intermittent rainy weather this week the guys didn't complete the work until Thursday. I am so excited about my new bedding areas. I have gone from 1 tree to 8 trees now.
The side street area formerly had 2 half-dead 40 year old birch trees and dead grass and crabgrass. It now has 4 Japanese maples, bark, and drip irrigation to the trees. There is still a pile of bark I need to spread around in my new beds.
In front of the garage, I had a cinder block garden, planted with herbs, and some bulb plants. I now have a larger garden area, with a Tulip Tree in front of the garage. I am still transferring plants from pots, and still have a bunch of bulbs to plant. This area also has drip irrigation to the tree and sprayers to my new garden.
In front of the house they took out two failing camellia bushes and used a bobcat to the big garden bed, added some nice soil, and drip irrigation. The one area with the remaining camellia bush, I usually keep a lot of my begonias in pots under, and I have a shelf on the side with succulents. The larger bed, I am still transplanting things from pots into. It is such a pleasure to be working in these, I am in heaven!
The area in front of the half circle area in front of the driveway with the big Deodar Cedar, they took out some juniper tams I was sick of. They have been there for 40+ years. They have a tendency to spread out over the place. The driveway has these strips of wood in between the cement slabs. They dug out the wood in one of those sections and ran a line over to that area, but the irrigation to that area hasn't been hooked up yet. I am hoping my brother can show me what I need to do. I plan to take some of the plants in that area out, plus I plan to scrape that area off a coating of about 4 inches of pine needles so it gets better saturation. There are also some random plants coming up out there I didn't plant.
Out back I had no shade, no at all, and the tree from the neighbor's I depended on was removed. The neighbors are putting in a pool, and took that tree down. I now have a Chinese Pistache tree.
Last Sunday I did finish this stitchery. This was a free pattern by Jenny of Elefantz. I am going to make it into a pincushion.
What I plan to do this week for Slow Sunday Stitching is work on sewing down this hanging sleeve, and work on this Kathy Schmitz Stitchery.
I'll be linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching. Head on over and check out what everyone has been up to.
Thanks for stopping by!