Sunday, March 19, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

It's been another busy week for me.  I spent 2 days last week helping paint at my daughter Kristen's house.  Granddaughter Kyleigh moved out several months ago, and they are making her former bedroom into SIL Jeff's office.  So we were painting a linen color over turquoise, and it required two coats, even though it had primer in it.  This Sunday we are painting the ceiling, and I am working on baseboards.  

Wednesday was our guild meeting, in a new location.  We had to arrive an hour early this time to figure out where we were setting up our various tables.  At our old location, we had someone set up tables for our different specialties.  At this new location, we had to take our own tables.  Since I have tables at my home now for the workday at my house, I took two tables for our Community Service.   This guild meeting seemed to go on forever, mainly because our guild's quilt show is next month and we were trying to get volunteers for various activities.  

That night was dinner at my granddaughter's place for her boyfriend Drew.  I could hardly wait for him to open gifts.  He was thrilled.  


The rest of this week I have been working on my Green Apples project.  I wasn't sure I was going to be able to finish at least the top, but I was able to complete the top by Saturday afternoon.  It won't be quilted, but the top is done.  

I've been thinking about some things in the garage, namely some sails for a 27 foot sailboat my husband John built back in around 1987.  I was trying to find someplace I could maybe recycle them.  John built 7 boats total.  I knew he got his plans from a placed called Glen-L Marine.   I looked up the name of the boat,  Chessie Flyer on Glen L Marine, and discovered 3 pictures of us, and our sailboat on the website.  I know John sent them pictures but didn't realize they were online.  





It brought back lots of good memories sailing.  We used to take this sailboat all over Northern California.  

We have had storm after storm recently.  This week we had 3 sunny days, and I got outside for a few hours Saturday.  I have tons, and tons, and tons of weeds, and got rid of a few of them, and sprayed weed killer where they are coming out of the bark I just had placed.   Some of my plants are blooming.



My brick pathway is growing moss, and there are weeds 6 inches tall coming up out of the cracks.  



My hydrangeas are still naked though, just some sticks, as are the wisteria.  


This week I had a chance to finish this stitchery by Bird Brain Designs.  


This week for Slow Sunday Stitching I will be working on my sunflower quilt.  It has been sitting in the corner for a couple of months. 


I'll be linking up for Slow Sunday Stitching with Kathy's Quilts.    Check out what everyone has been up to.

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. I guess the good thing about a lot of rain means lush, thriving plants. Those hydrangeas will be beautiful in a couple of months. It is amazing how naked hydrangeas transform into gorgeous flowers. Drew looks very happy with his quilt....it is wonderful. How fabulous John's boats are on the website. I always think when I see a photo of John's boat what a clever man he was. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice seeing the plants growing - makes me know that the cold spell will be out before you know it and it will warm up here too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet memories of sailing! Lovely. The sunflower quilt is looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy week! He looks really pleased with his quilt. Lovely flowers. Have a wonderful week Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:08 AM

    He loves his quilt! So heartwarming! We still have some snow here…I’m looking forward to spring flowers. We battle the weeds here too. Enjoy your stitching today. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's amazing to see those pictures of the boat John built - and that you could sail all over the place in it! Amazing! Fun to see your flowers and stitching projects, too. I'll look forward to your day on the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even your weeds are pretty, Karrin. Loved seeing the sailboat pictures. What good times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always have such a lot going on. Of course the quilt was a hit, it looks great. Lots of sailboat memories for you, seeing your previous craft on the website. Is the company willing to take the sails off you? Or give you any advice of what to do with them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun to see John's boat. There is an outfit in ME called "Sea Bags" that uses old sails and makes expensive bags out of them. Maybe they would want them. Love seeing Drew with his quilt...and how pleased he looks. Looking forward to seeing your Green Apple project this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:33 AM

    Hi Karrin ~ well your crazy world read like something fabulous (as usual) Drew's quilt turned out fabulous and he looked really happy. What a precious gift. I don't think I ever mentioned I use to sail too. 30' Maple Leaf and then a 40' Choy Lee - those days are long gone but memories so sweet. What a treat to find the online presence of your sailing days. Happy dance on the Bird Brain- love it!!!!! Have a great week and welcome spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Boat! Love the quilt! Hugs

    ReplyDelete