Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Say What? Sew It-Show It Challenge, My Day

 



This is the last day of the Say What? Sew It-Show it Challenge hosted by the fabulous Joan @MooseStash Quilting.  She is one of the ladies that come up with the greatest challenges!  Many thanks to Joan for letting me join.   There have been some amazing projects the past few days.   The entire schedule is posted at the end if you haven't had a chance to view previous days.  

Joan's challenge this time, in her words:

"You can share a story, or show us a project or technique that you can't believe you tried.  Or how about a quilty word project.  There are so many different ways you can interpret this hop."

I love putting words that have a message in my quilting projects.    This is a project I did several years ago.  I cut out the letters on my Cricut and used iron-on vinyl on the back.   The front said "Crazy For You"   




I had numerous projects I wanted to do for this Say What? Sew It-Show-It Challenge.  I had intended to use my embroidery machine and stitch out numerous projects.  I had just picked up my machine the week before from the spa and was looking forward to using it again.  My first project was going to be embroidering 4 of these sentiments.  It is coming up on 2 years since my husband passed away and I intended to make one for both my daughters, myself, and granddaughter.  


Well I got two stitched out and my machine decided to go kaput.  None of the buttons responded.  I took it back to the shop and they couldn't get any button to work either.   So my multiple projects did not happen.  

Like Joan, I am always collecting sayings off the internet, things I intend to do something with some day.    I love the beach, and I always collect things that related to the beach.  

I intend to make a little wall hanging for my daughter and include this picture of the last time we went to Half Moon Bay last July.  I cut the letters out on my Cricut and used iron-on vinyl.  This isn't finished yet.  



These are some other ideas I have collected, usually on Facebook.  








Be sure and check out the other talented bloggers below.   And thanks again to Joan for another fantastic challenge!

Monday, April 17

MooseStashQuilting

Selina Quilts

Quilt Schmilt

Patchouli Moon Studio

That Fabric Feeling

Scrapdash 

Tuesday April 18

Inflorescence

Creatin' in the Sticks

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs

Just Because Quilts

BeaQuilter

Joyful Quilter

Wednesday April 19

Quilting Gail

Voormans Quilts

Quilted Delights

The Quilted Snail

Ms P Designs USA

Kathy's Kwilts and More 

Thursday April 20

Just Let Me Quilt

Karrins Crazy World

crazy'boutquilts

Pinker n' Punkin Quilting

Songbird Designs

Days Filled With Joy


Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

  1. Karrin , what a lovely embroidery and tribute to your husband; it brought tears to my eyes. You will have the remaining embroidered pieces completed in no time and they will be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love and can relate to do many of the sayings you are collecting, especially the one about the songs (I found a 70s station on Sirius and just love it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice embroidery in memory of your husband. Hope your machine is repaired soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Karrin, your pillow is such a beautiful tribute to your husband. Like Melisa, it brought a tear to my eye as well. I'm so sorry to hear that your machine pooped out, right after getting back from the spa as well. Hopefully they can fix it soon for you. The wait time around here for repairs is just crazy. I Love that photo of your family at the beach. That will make a wonderful wall hanging. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who saves things "to-do" later. LOL!! You have found some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me say how sorry I am about your hubby's death. That machine embroidered picture is wonderful - the sentiment perfectly perfect; isn't that how we all feel. I'm sorry that after a spa treatment, the machine wouldn't keep up with your ideas. You shared two lovely framed pieces and those 'beach' sayings are great. Continue to enjoy the beach...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such fun sayings waiting in the wings to embroider, Karrin! I hope your machine gets fixed soon. My favorite paths lead to the beach, too, and that will make a beautiful project paired with that photo. I love the one you're making in memory of your husband - it's just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great projects! I love the heart pillow, and your embroidered tribute to your late husband is just beautiful. I am sure your daughter will cherish the beach picture you are making for her. The sayings you have found on the Internet are great! Loved every single one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:33 PM

    The pillow is wonderful! and a true treasure. When my husband past I took the quilt that was given him during his hospice time and had a 8 X 10 piece framed for our 5 daughters on his 1 yr anniversary. on his 5 year I had a few more made for grandchildren. I have to remember to add sayings too to things, it's such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your machine gets fixed and back to producing that beautiful saying for the four of you. It is so sweet and pretty all in one. Your pillow is a treasure, for sure! Thank you for sharing your projects and all those wonderful sayings. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your collection of sweet sentiments. Very, very sorry that your machine turned it's back on you especially after spending time in the spa so recently. Bless the circut for doing some fill in work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darn machine. That is so frustrating. Your embroidered piece is beautiful and I really hope you get to make one for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really hope they can get your machine working. It's costing a fortune to get it going, but you get so much pleasure out of it, it's worth doing. I love your collection of words to use. I could relate to a lot of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful saying in memory of your husband. I love the other sayings you shared and do hope that machine gets fixed - so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got a tear reading those words in memory of your dear husband. Oh my, machines. I dread whenever mine gives a hitch, haven't a clue how to fix these things. Love these sayings, all so true. Life, ahhh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like all those quotes you showed. The pillow is beautiful and such a nice family photo! I have several machines as I learned a long time ago I cannot leave a sewing machine in the shop for repair because then I cannot sew! So I started acquiring machines, and love the vintage machines best! Those rarely if ever need to be serviced.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful projects Karrin. Love the pillow with the picture of you and John. Hope the machine is fixed soon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karrin what a great tribute to your husband. I know your daughters and granddaughter will cherish their gifts when you get your machine back and can complete them. I really love that pillow you made with the heart. And I love those memes, especially the one about the youth of the 70s and hearing songs from our early years! Thanks for sharing. I hope you get your machine back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. SEW sorry to hear about your machine, Karrin!! Your post is still filled with word-y inspiration. (P.S. When you end up doing the stitching for $h1t Happens... Don't add an apostrophe.)

    ReplyDelete