Sunday, April 09, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching, Happy Easter!


Happy Easter to those who celebrate!  I plan to celebrate with my family.  Grandson Jaeger is still at college in New Mexico.  

It has been a couple of weeks since I posted.  The week before last was a really busy one.  On Wednesday was our Community Service 5th Wednesday workday.  We quilt quilts, or piece quilts.  I actually had a couple of community service projects to work on.  Someone had turned in some jar blocks.  I had cut a bunch of black scraps up into 2.5 inch squares and used those as sashing between blocks.    I need to figure out the sashing between the rows, so I got this far.  


Another project I was working on was some Sunbonnet Sue blocks donated by the daughter of one of our members who recently passed away.  All the Sunbonnet Sue blocks had been prepped already and were ready to stitch down.  I cut out some new backing as the ones that I received seem to be stained.  So at workday I started machine stitching them down.

Right after workday I headed over to our quilt guild's Day Camp and ended up finishing the stitching on Sunbonnet Sue.  I need to find some 30's fabric in my stash and assemble the quilt.


Also at Day Camp I worked on From My Carolina Home's  Scrap Dance Quadrille Mystery.  I am caught up until the next clue comes out next week I think.  

My first day camp was a lot of fun.  It was from 9 a.m.-8 p.m. each night.   First night was potluck, and the rest of the nights dinner was provided.  By the time I came home Saturday evening I was too tired to blog, and didn't put my stuff away till the next day.

Last week I worked on a couple of projects.  My daughter Kristen saw my Think Spring pillow, and wanted one.  Daughter Katie wanted one too, but a wall hanging instead.  


I found this cute fabric in my stash.  


I also made this table topper for a friend's daughter whose birthday is coming up.  Her daughter is very minimalistic, but likes rocks and sea gulls.  So I found a picture of seagull in a coloring page, and came up with this.  I worked on this at Day Camp also.


The last day of Day Camp, there was a craft fair across the street, and I purchased this Easter gnome, I just couldn't resist.  


At Day Camp, and at home this week I have been working on finishing the quilting on my Father Christmas.  I have 2-1/2 blocks more to go plus the border.  Our quilt show starts the 21st.  


This week's slow stitching finally finished this Kathy Schmitz design I probably started last year.  It feels great to have it finally finished.  


My slow stitching project this week is to continue working on this Kathy Schmitz piece.  


I will be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Head on over and check out what everyone has been up to!  

Thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

  1. Oh My, you had a busy week and made a lot. Pretty pillow and wallhanger for your daughters and cute bunny embroidery. The redwork embroideryproject is comming along nicely. Happy Easter, Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:00 AM

    You have been busy! So glad that you are fine and you have some neat projects going on. I have never been on a Retreat, but they should like a lot of fun. Have a Blessed Easter. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is so lovely that your daughters request your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a lot done at Day Camp! I love the Think Spring pillows, and the seagull topper. That Easter gnome is so perfect for you! Enjoy your stitching today - I keep meaning to order that KS monthly piece to work on, but haven't done it. Happy Easter, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:02 AM

    So many rabbits on many of the blogs this week! They are reproducing like rabbits! Lol. Who do you donate your charity quilts to? Happy Easter to you and your family. Have a great week Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  6. My head is spinning.... again...... with all the your pretty projects, Karrin. =) Those bunnies are adorable and the backing fabric is perfect. The seagull is fabulous and the quilt with all the brightly patterned jars is such fun. It sounds as if you enjoyed your days at Day Camp. Love both of your slow stitching bunny pretties. And ... of course, if anyone should have an Easter gnome, it certainly should be you. How sweet he is . Have a beautiful Sunday celebrating with your family. A Happy Easter to you, lovely Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, you have a whole lot of crafts in progress. They are all beautiful. I love the seagull and those little bunny tails. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful embroideries! I enjoyed seeing all your varied projects. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even if you weren't blogging, you were doing a lot of sewing and stitching! I loved seeing every project. Congratulations on the Kathy finish. The seagull is amazing with the waves behind it. What a treasure that is. Have a great week of stitching!

    ReplyDelete