Sunday, August 20, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching, Long Post.

It's been awhile.  Last Saturday I attended the wedding shower of Gabby, a friend of the family for whom I had made the Bonnie Hunter Winter Blues quilt.  Gabby was thrilled with the quilt, and I am so happy she loved it.



First thing Sunday morning I left with with my family to go to Disneyland for 3 days.  It is about a 6-7 hour drive from our home.  We took 3 cars because at the end we were going to be departing in different directions.  Jaeger and his brother Keaton left in Jaeger's new truck.  I went with granddaughter Kyleigh, and daughter Kristen and SIL Jeff left in another car.   I have not been to Disneyland in 30 years, since Kristen was about 14.

After we arrived in Anaheim, we walked over to Main Street and browsed shops a bit, and had dinner.  Our hotel was about a mile away.  



Monday was a fun-filled day at Disneyland.  My family are Disney fanatics, go multiple times a year.  They wait in long lines, go on a ride, and then to the next one.  They get fast passes so they don't have to wait so long.  On this ride I'm in the second row on right with a scared look on my face.  


I went on rides that weren't even invented 30 years ago.  John would have loved Indiana Jones, and all the Star Wars rides.  In the Cars Ride our car won against the other car, barely.








My family goes to Disneyland from 8 in the morning, till they close at midnight.  The first day I had 24,000 steps. 

Tuesday we went to California Adventure which I have never been to.  We didn't have breakfast, just started going on rides.  We had a late lunch, and then started going back on rides.  It was hotter than it was the previous day.  Despite daughter Kristen buying a cooling towel for me, I got way overheated to the point of feeling ill, and went back to the hotel about 3:30 and rested the rest of the day.  That day I did 14,500 steps.  

The last day was a more relaxed day.  Kyleigh left to pick up her boyfriend Drew at airport, and they were going away for an adventure to Zion National Park, for camping and hiking for her 23rd birthday on Thursday.  I had taken her picnic quilt and picnic basket with me to give her and she loved it.  

We repeated our favorite rides again.  Kristen and I sat out some of the wilder ones.  Jeff got his picture taken with the pirate lady from Pirates of the Caribbean.  


I had my picture taken with Indiana Jones, but can't seem to find it.  

The first day Jaeger got the cutest backpacks.  One was Yoda, and the other was Chewy from Star Wars.  I didn't get a picture of Chewy though.




Kristen and I don't get a lot of pictures taken together.  She is generally the one taking the pictures, so I requested this one.



Before we left Wednesday night, we watched the fireworks.  


In total for 3 days I walked 59,000 steps, or 24 miles.  That doesn't even include Sunday night, the count was on the previous week.  

We headed home Thursday morning, Kristen, Keaton and I.   Jaeger and Jeff headed to Albuquerque to drop him off at college.  We had been traveling about 3 hours, and they had reached the Mohave Desert when they were in an accident in the new truck.  Apparently a truck towing a boat had a blowout, lost control and hit Jaeger's truck, then hit him again up against a concrete barrier on a bridge.  The boat apparently wasn't secured very well because it went off onto the freeway.  The lady driver was taken to the hospital in ambulance eventually.  We were traveling through the valley.  Their reception was poor and we were getting no news or bits of news from Jeff.  Jeff's hip was hurting, but they were not badly injured. Jaeger's new truck is probably totaled.  After what seemed hours, they were towed to Needles, hired a car to take them to take them to Enterprise to hire a car to drive to Albuquerque.  I am so thankful they made it through this.  But it was nerve-racking to have them not answer their phones, and worrying about them all the way home.


We made it back with no problems.  While I was traveling, I worked on daughter Katie's BD present.  Her BD is the 24th.  I will share that next week after it has been gifted.  

I have been making cards for the August birthdays in my family with my Cricut.  I made this one for my BIL Roger.  These are both in the Cricut Design Studio files.


This one is for daughter Katie.  She likes owls.  


On Instagram I have been participating in the #100hexies100days2023. This is hosted by @sewfoxymama.  I took them with me to work on during the drive but didn't work on them,  I got caught up today.  There are different themes each week.  Last week's theme was sewing notions, but I only had 1 notion fabric, the turquoise.  Starting tomorrow the theme is flowers.  I have plenty of those.  I'm mermaid19754klh on Instagram.  



What I will be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching is the binding on this baby quilt someone turned in at the guild.  I quilted the last two rows, the rest was already done.  The quilting is all done, I am working on the binding. 




I will be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  I look forward to seeing what everyone is working on, it has been a couple of weeks since I linked up.

Thanks for stopping by!









5 comments:

  1. How scary for them with that accident and ruining a new vehicle so glad they were not injured other than aches and pains. Your trip to Disney sounds like fun but I would never be able to do that much walking. I have been to the Disney in Florida but I know I didn't see half that there is and lucky I went years ago when I was younger and could put in more steps

    ReplyDelete
  2. That backpack is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about the accident; how frightening. I hope Jeff's hip feels better soon. I was wondering if you had been to Disney yet. Looks like fun was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly had a busy time in Disneyland, how did your back and legs cope with all hat walking and standing? We went go Disneyland on a stopover to England some years ago, and really loved it. A,though I'm sure t would have changed a lot since we were there. How upsetting for your boys go be involved in the accident,, so pleased they weren't badly hurt, except for the new truck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a jam-packed week! Highs and lows. Everything worked out alright. It would have taken me a LOT longer to recover from that trip - I couldn't have walked 5900 steps, let along 59,000! Good for you! Love all your projects, and your family pictures, except too bad about the truck. Talk about high to low!

    ReplyDelete