Sunday, August 27, 2023

HQAL, Slow Sunday Stitching

 This was a busy week, but not as busy as it could have been.  Community Service workday was cancelled at my house, due to basting day being cancelled next month, due to guild meeting being moved up next month to basting day, due to our quilt camp at the end of the month in September at Zephyr Cove in Lake Tahoe.  

This week was the Call Me Crazy Challenge hosted by Joan @Moosestash Quilting.   My day was here, where I showed my crazy quilting projects.  

Tuesday night I went with my daughters' friends, and my granddaughter Kyleigh to celebrate daughter Katie's birthday.  We had a really nice dinner at Yard House.  We always get pictures afterwards.  



This week, since I had some free time, I worked on finishing up the Sunbonnet Sue top.  The Sunbonnet Sue pieces had been prepared by a recently deceased member of our guild.  Her daughter donated some of her UFO's to our guild.  I sewed the Sunbonnet Sues onto the background by machine.  I have it loaded up on my longarm to quilt.  My plan is to have it done by this coming Wednesday as we are having a guild workday from 9-2.  If I get it done by Wednesday I can give it to one of the ladies that loves to bind quilts at the workday.  I don't mind doing the binding myself, but I have plenty of other things to work on for community service.  


I have also continued working on the #100hexies#100days2023 on Instagram.  These are what I have done so far.  This next week the theme is paws, not sure I have 7 days worth, but will give it a try.  


Saturday was National Dog Day, and I thought I would show my family's dogs.  Maple is the newest member, she is my granddaughter and her boyfriend's dog.  She is the sweetest dog I have ever seen.  Kyleigh and Maple came and spent a couple of hours with me on Thursday, and we took a nice walk around the park.  



My daughter Kristen and SIL Jeff (Kyleigh's parents) have 4 dogs, Hank the English Bulldog, 
Piggy the pug, and Ronald the Chihuahua.


And Daisy the Jack Russell Terrier.  She tends to stay away from the wild boys in the previous picture.  



Saturday we had a potluck at Kyleigh's house to celebrate her birthday with family.  She came to Disneyland with us, but left a day early to go camping at Zion with her boyfriend.  She said she missed us singing Happy Birthday to  her, so we got together and had some great food.

Me and my grandaughters


My daughters and granddaughter and I.  


This next week I am going to have a bit more work on my front yard.  The same guy that took out my lawn last year and put in drip irrigation is going to put in sprinklers on the semicircular area in front of my driveway.  I have been moving the sprinkler around various sections every 15 minutes to water the whole area for over 40 years.  He is also going to add some other shrubs in the area that has nothing.  I took a bunch of juniper tams out last year and hadn't replanted anything.  

What I will be working on this week for Slow Sunday Stitching will be finishing the binding on this Community Service quilt that someone else donated.  I finished hand-quilting the last two rounds that were already marked by whomever donated it.  I think I was working on this three weeks ago too.  


Check out what the others are working on below.  

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanette, SharonKarrinDaisy, and Connie


I will also be linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Check out what everyone is up to.  


Thanks for stopping by!

 

8 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of the 100 days of hexies or I would have joined in - always nice to celebrate a birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had some fun times with your daughters and granddaughters this week, Karrin! Love the pictures. Nice (almost) finish on that guild quilt - I'm sewing binding today, too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family time always takes top priority! Looks like you all are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had some great visits with family. I love the Sunbonnet Sue quilt. How wonderful that you are finishing it. The yellow quilt is pretty also. Enjoy all of your charity stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great week with family gatherings. The sunbonnet Sue is pretty. Love the hexie chicken! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a pretty little donation quilt you are finishing up. Nice to see the family, and the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:19 PM

    Between your family and the community quilts, you are never bored! Gail at the Cozy Quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:22 PM

    A belated happy birthday :) Always enjoy your recaps of the week. I loved seeing all the pictures. Love all the hexies and sunbonnet Sun is really sweet, a favorite of mine. Here's to another great week. Sharon

    ReplyDelete