Sunday, October 08, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

This past week we celebrated grandson #2, Keaton's 17th birthday.  We had a nice dinner at Lucille's, a BBQ place.  Unfortunately granddaughter Kyleigh was working, and his brother Jaeger was at college in New Mexico.  Jaeger will be coming home for a visit this next week though.  Standing with my grandchildren, I am looking more and more like a midget, even with the younger ones.  




We had our board meeting for our quilting guild.  It is held at a local country club, and we can stay and have lunch afterwards.  I don't usually stay, but did this time.  My co-chair of community service bought lunch for me and Joanne, who used to have my position but is now secretary.  Her birthday is the 11th and mine is the 12th.  I was trying to make a BD card for her today on my Cricut, but was having technical difficulties.  I am going to give it to her next week on her birthday which happens to be our pin basting day.  

At our guild meeting in two weeks, we are supposed to bring back the panels we picked up earlier in the year.  We were supposed to make a quilt top, or finished quilt for community service.  I have just about completed 4 of them.  I have worked on them most of the week.





The last one, the Halloween one I will be sewing the binding down for Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  



I did finish the embroidery on this last embroidered block for the Blessings Quilt.  


I found this on Instagram this week:


Thanks for stopping by!  

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:45 AM

    You've been busy with the panel quilts, love the rabbit embroidery too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy making all those quilts! I think the second one is my favourite. Love the rabbit embroidery too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:16 AM

    Another busy week for you! Great job on all those donation quilts. Your embroidery is lovely. I have lots of friends with birthdays this month too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embroidered bunny is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grandkids are so cute - happy and smiling! Happy birthday to you coming right up! Your panel quilts look like they have turned out beautifully. Enjoy your stitching today, Karrin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://piecinglifetogetheronestitchatatime.wordpress.1:41 PM

    All of the quilts are wonderful and will be bringing lots of smiles. Love seeing the grands and Keaton certainly does tower over you! Handsome grandson. You've had a wonderful week ~ keep smiling :) Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. The panel quilts look lovely, that's quite a bit of work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The panels you chose have so much variety, What a great way to keep things interesting. Your grands are really growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What happy photos of you and those beautiful grandkids! You certainly did well with those panels turned into quilts...they are all wonderful.You are so productive, Karrin.

    ReplyDelete