Saturday, December 02, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

It's been a busy week, getting the Christmas decorations up.  I will show more of that next week during the Virtual Cookie Exchange and Christmas Blog Hop.  

The only sewing that got done last week was on Wednesday when our guild's Community Service has a sewing day.  It comes on the months that have a 5th Wednesday.  We rent a room at a local church and sew community service projects from 9 am to 2 p.m.  We also have a potluck lunch.  We work on pillowcases for local children's hospital, quilting on small quilts that we donate various places, including dialysis and hospice units.   We make small four patch quilts that are donated to nursery schools along with a book and stuffed animal.  

This is our setup at the church.  It is a large room and we put tables near the walls so we will have a place to plug in.  


Friday I went up to Safeway to get some items to make turkey enchiladas for my family with the last of the leftover turkey.  I did my shopping and went out to my car.  I was about to back up and noticed the people in the SUV to my right were putting their groceries in the back.  I waited for them to load up their car, then walk across the lot in back of me and put their cart in the rack.  Then I waited till they walked back to their car and were getting in.  I looked in back of me to make sure it was clear, and then started backing up slowly and making sure the people next to me weren't in the way.  A car in back of me was apparently backing up at the same time and blew his horn which I didn't hear.  I gently smacked his passenger mirror and broke my tail light.  There were  maybe a few scratches on their car.

The guy got out of his car and started yelling at me, telling me he blew his horn.  Then he proceeded to interview the guy in the car next to me asking for his contact information, before he would give me his information or let me give him mine.  I was really shaken up, thankful that no one was hurt.  This was the first time I have been in an accident in 35 years, and I am still shaken up.  


What I will be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching will be this hand-appliqued sunflower quilt again.  I really would like to put it in the quilt show next year, so I need to get busy.  


I'll be linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  

Next week is the Virtual Cookie Exchange.   Next week I will also be working on my Christmas Cookies for my family.  I like to make boxes and hand out to friends and family.  

I found these next couple of things on Facebook this week and found them funny.  




Thanks so much for stopping by!



10 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:45 AM

    It certainly is upsetting to be in a fender bender, esp when the other person yells at you. He must have been having a bad day to have over-reacted like that. I’m glad no one was hurt.
    Your charity sewers are very productive! They support lots of good causes.
    Pretty sunflowers! When is your quilt show?

    Gail at the Cozy Quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had just a couple fender benders and the one that I called the police for the man was yelling at me telling me I wasn't going fast enough and he hit the back of my car at a stop light because the light was red and he thought I should have kept going so he did ran into the back of my car!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your accident. It seems to me if he was aware enough to honk his horn at you he should have stopped or pulled ahead to avoid the accident. Sorry he was so rude to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your accident Karrin, there are some awful impatient drivers, what good does yelling do. I would have been shook up too. That's why I hate driving some drivers can be so unpredictable and downright rude. Your community service projects sound lovely what a thoughtful thing to do. Those captions put a smile on my face I can totally relate to the sewing one. I hope that you have a better week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the accident. Let you hand quilting make the memory of the accident fade away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It always cracks me up to see the big room with everyone huddled by the walls for the sockets! Sorry about your car, I do hope it all gets taken care of quickly. Glad it was relatively minor and hope it all will be resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon4:13 PM

    I had a small fender bender like that after 40 or so years of driving and I know how shaken up you are. Hang in there the feeling will pass and you'll feel like it never happened. Cookie exchange sounds yummy and those cartoons - wow 123123

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a shame you had that backing accident, and you were trying to drive safe and slow. No wonder you were upset when they an started to berate you. Hope it all gets sorted out promptly

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like he way over reacted. There is never a good reason to yell, and not giving his information before him getting an observers is just plain wrong! I hope it is an easy fix and he doesn't cause any issues for you. I had someone back into me (we both backed up and before the backup screens were added to cars) and they just drove off. Thank goodness it was slow speed and no injuries and minor damage. I hope you week is peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know how you feel...bad enough you scraped something but then to be yelled at...not good at all and it all makes one feel shaken for sure. He definitely overreacted so that's on him. I've taken to parking at the very back of parking lots to avoid such things like this. Civility is getting scarcer.

    ReplyDelete