Sunday, December 31, 2023

HQAL, Slow Sunday Stitching

It is hard to believe that this will be my last post of 2023.  This year has seemed to fly by.  I have been MIA the last couple of weeks trying to get Christmas things finished.  When I was at one of my retreats recently they gave everyone microwave popcorn bags, so I made my family bags and put them in their stockings.  You can find the directions here.  


Also while I was at retreat, my roommate had a cloth bag to put her dirty laundry in.  I decided that with the traveling my family does I would make them laundry bags and also put them in their stockings.  I cut out the Dirty Laundry out with my Cricut and used iron on Vinyl.



We choose names in our family for gifts and this year I chose granddaughter Kyleigh's name.  She asked for a table cloth.  In addition, I made her a table runner from an old Debbie Mumm Christmas book.  I also made two colors of napkins.



I also embroidered 3 types of Christmas ornaments for my family.  The designs I purchased from Embroidery Library.  



I also made myself a sweatshirt to wear to the Christmas guild meeting.  I cut out the design on my Cricut and and used iron on Vinyl.


I also embroidered tea towels.  


Grandson Jaeger cut me out his brand on his Cricut.


We had a nice Christmas dinner at daughter Kristen's house.  My sister Mary was here, and stayed with Kristen, and brother Allen was here for 5 days staying with me.  

Kyleigh and her 2 grandmothers

Our whole family and SIL Jeff's parents



Kyleigh and boyfriend Drew


While brother Allen was here we went looking at living room furniture.  I have really needed a new sofa and chair for at least a year.  The sofa with the chaise I usually sit on to do my sewing needed a new chaise cushion, and was coming apart on the arm.  Plus I was feeling the framework on my back cushion.  I have not been doing much handwork recently because I haven't been comfortable.

Anyway I found a new sofa and lounge chair.  I arranged for Habitat for Humanity to pick up my old furniture, and my new furniture delivered Saturday.  


I'm now sitting back by the window and John's desk with my plants. 

What I will be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching will be my sunflower quilt.  I really need to get this quilted.  I would like to enter it in our guild show in April.  


Check out the Hand Quilt Along links below.

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanette, SharonKarrinDaisy, and Connie


I will be linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.   Head on over and see what everyone has been up to.  


Hope everyone has a Happy New Year.  

8 comments:

  1. Your sweatshirt is adorable! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:41 AM

    Nice to have family time during the holidays! Lovely gifts you made too. Happy New Year! Gail at the Cozy Quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a lovely holiday with all the family there, Karrin! You made lots of fun gifts, too. Wishing you a happy and creative New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much lovely embroidery you finished for Christmas, Karrin! Love those laundry bags; such a fabulous idea. As ever you have whipped up fabulous gifts for your family. Are you sure you don't have elves secretly stashed away to help? =) Your new lounge is lovely. It looks very comfy. A fabulous choice! Have a Happy New Year, lovely Karrin, sitting in that comfy couch stitching the days away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gifts you made are beautiful and I love your new furniture. Wishing you a very happy New Year. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karrin - my goodness, you were certainly busy in the lead-up to Christmas - impressive! As you will see in the post I linked to Slow Sunday Stitching (number 22), I also like to make gifts for my family, especially ornaments. So I was really drawn to the designs you purchased from Embroidery Library. I will have to check it out. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon5:25 AM

    It truly was a busy time of year. Looks like you had such a lovely holiday and that makes me smile. I love the tea towel you made. I usually get a few done for gifts but this year I didn't do any :( I love the pattern you did. Wishing you a happy healthy family filled new year :) Sharon

    ReplyDelete