Sunday, January 07, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

This past week was fairly busy.  We had our guild board meeting on Tuesday.   Thursday we had a workday at my house,  We are having 2 this month as we skipped November due to Thanksgiving and  my Christmas decorations being up in December.  

Other than that, the majority of my week was spent sorting yarn I intend to sell.  Long, long ago, back in the early 1990's I had 2 knitting machines.  One for fine yarn, one for thicker yarn.  I would spend Saturday's in a yarn shop learning how to use them, and knitting clothing.  Ever since I started quilting, my knitting machines have been unused.  Being in a yarn shop for 4-5 hours a week I found myself buying yarn, lots of yarn, yarn on sale.  I have had a lot of yarn stored upstairs in Rubbermaid storage containers for years and my grandsons helped me get the balls of yarn downstairs.  I am prepping them for our neighborhood garage sale in April.  I laid them out on the dining room floor and have offered a friend of mine first pick on Sunday.   These do not even include the cone yarns I have upstairs, but that will have to wait.  


I have some yarns that are partially used in a bag that I plan to donate to the guild who donate to Project Linus, or to Goodwill.

There were unfortunately some yarn I could not part with.  I am going to start looking for a project I think, maybe crochet project.   Not only do I have quilt UFO's, apparently I have knitting UFO's.  I found at least 3 projects that I have all the components for sweaters they just need to be put together I think.   Next week maybe I will take some pics of projects I have made in the past.  The majority of my projects were sweaters for my girls.

Also I cleaned out a hall closet, a lot of it was also taken up by yarn.  I plan to work on another closet.  I have been downsizing, and setting things I don't use aside for the garage sale also.  You can see a cone of yarn in there, and also a ball winder for yarn.


I was able to get one quilty thing done this week, finally.  My oldest daughter Kristen has always loved fairies, and her birthday is coming up the end of the month.  Several months ago eQuilter offered a Flower Fairy panel by Michael Miller.  I bought the whole kit, and it was easy to put together in an afternoon.  Even though it is fairly simplistic, I think she will love it.


What I will be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching is my wool project.  I am also finished with this block, just need to sew the leaves down, and some beads.


I will also be prepping the next block.  



I will be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Head on over and check what everyone has been up to.  

Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is a lot of yarn. Someone is going to be very happy to find you at the yard sale. I'm looking forward to seeing your knitting projects. Have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think buying yarn is as addictive as buying fabric, I don't do all that much with yarn and lucky to crochet or knit one item a year and I have way too much of it - thankfully I have controlled myself and not buy any new yarn for several years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with selling your extra yarn! It always feels good to get rid of stuff you aren't using. The fairy quilt is delightful - I bet your daughter will love it! Have a wonderful Sunday, Karrin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to buy so much yarn too in the past, I could never pass a yarn store without having to go inside and buy yarn just for the sheer pleasure of it and not having a clue what I was going to use it for. Thankfully I have used a lot of it up making charity projects but I still have more than I will be able to use in this lifetime. I hope you find a suitable home for all of yours. your daughter is going to love the flower fairy panel it's lovely. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karrin, such a pity you and I aren't neighbours. I would love to rummage through all those pretty balls of wool. And.....you and I could spend time crocheting together. The epitome of fun for me. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your wool blocks, must say I have never done this sort of thing. The flower fairy top is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My that is a whole lot of yarn. I am trying to do some purging/downsizing also. I dread the day when we decide to move as I have just way too much stuff. I love the pumpkin block and the fairy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful wool collection you have! And I love the hand stitching block you are working on! So cool how the pumpkin witch's hat is made with a crazy quilt design!

    ReplyDelete