Tuesday, January 16, 2024

SAHRR '24, Center Block

 


Gail @Quilting Gail is hosting her Stay At Home Round Robin again this year.  This is one of my favorite yearly activities.  You start out with an orphan block, and each week one of the co-host SAHRR gives you a prompt of what the next round will be.  

This was my finished quilt from 2023.  I donated it to Community Service at my guild.



This was my top from 2022.  I donated it to Hands2Help




This was from 2021, and I also donated it also to Hands2Help.




This year I was looking through my odds and ends basket and didn't see anything that caught my eye.  Then I caught sight of this baggie of blocks and flying geese I picked up from the free table at my guild.  




I put together 4 of the blocks.  Don't know what this baggie of blocks and bits was supposed to be, but this is the center block I came up with.  I want to make it lap sized, and will be donated to the Community Service at my guild and I want it to end up rectangular.  It is starting out at 17.5 x 20.5.  



This is the schedule for the SAHRR:


I will be linking up at Quilting Gail.  

Thanks for stopping by!  




 


5 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using donated fabric to make a quilt for donation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the perfect use for the assortment of pieces you picked up at the guild meeting. Great idea Karrin!

    needleandfoot at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great centre block!! Thank you for joining in the SAHRR again this year! It was fun to see your previous SAHRRs!
    And thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilts you've made in past SAHRRs and I'll look forward to seeing how your assortment of pieces grow into this year's one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the free bits and pieces. Will look forward to seeing your quilt take shape

    ReplyDelete