Sunday, January 14, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

Last week was a busy week, it seems like I had something every day.  Not a lot of quilting got done.  I am working on my project for the White Rabbit Blog Hop, which is coming up in about 10 days.  

This week was basting week for our Community Service.  We now have 11 bins of quilts to be quilted.  We are hoping next week when we have our guild meeting we have a lot of members picking up quilts to quilt.  We also have a 5th Wednesday workday coming up this month, so maybe some will get picked up then.  We work for about 5 hours, and have a potluck lunch.  

What I can show is that I received my Kathy Schmitz Woven Wreaths fabric for her sew along from Spoonflower this week, and stitched January's block.  



I also worked on my Pumpkin Village wool blocks.  



The Woolery block I still need to add beads and a sheep.  

I think I have Quilter's ADD.  I constantly have ideas flying through my mind, constantly.

One thing I have been thinking about is our 2025 quilt show.  It is going to be a red and white quilt show.  I have been thinking about what I will make, and I have three quilts I am planning.  I have been perusing red and white quilts online this week.  I am going to make a Sunbonnet Sue with Redwork blocks,  one of my quilts will be an applique medallion type quilt, and the last will be a Drunkards path.  

I have also been thinking about our Guild Challenge due at our meeting in February.  We have to make at the most a 20 inch wall hanging of something we love.  It has to have a blue bird in it.  I have an idea, but need to make it up.

I was also going to start Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery, Indigo Way, I have a bunch of treasured indigo fabric.  In the end, on Saturday afternoon, I decided instead of making Indigo Way at this time, I would make Bonnie Hunter's Winter Blues again.  I made it and gifted it last year for a family friend's daughter's wedding.  


I still had bits and pieces leftover from the last quilt, so I decided to use my indigos to make another Winter Blues.  



I spent Saturday afternoon cutting up more scraps and some of my indigos.


I love the back of indigos.  They have such neat labels.




I think I have enough to start working on this as a leaders/enders project.  Hopefully this next week, even though it will be busy, I have some more time to work on my stuff.  

Our weather has either been really cold, or raining.  I think this next week we might have some warmer days so I can get some yard work done.

For Slow Sunday Stitching I will be working on my Pumpkin Village blocks above.  I will be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.    Head on over and see what everyone has been working on..

Thanks for stopping by.  


12 comments:

  1. those fall pumpkin pieces are really neat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you have so many lovely projects you have been working on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some of those indigos waiting for a finish....for a very long time. The winter blues quilt is a knockout and its sibling will be equally gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Those pumpkin village wool blocks are amazing! I would love to do some wool appliqué, but first must get some of my long standing projects finished up! You are so busy, wow! I think the winter blues quilt pattern with your indigos will be stunning, and I like your ideas for the read and white quilts too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your red Woven Wreath--I am doing the blue one--only when it came it is really more teal than blue and lighter than I though it would be--kinda wished I gotten the red--oh well--anyways--cause the teal is a rather duller color I have decided I will be adding color threads to my blocks instead of just the primitive blue it called for--but that's a bit like me--always changing things!!!!
    Love the other projects you are working or have finished--good work--enjoy--
    hugs, di

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Woven Wreath in red! I chose blue, but it was a hard decision. Winter Blues is such a pretty quilt - I'm glad you're making it again. I must be in the mood for blue and white sewing these days! Have a wonderful Sunday, Karrin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are as busy as a bee, lovely Karrin! Flitting here and there socially, and all the lovely pretties you are working on. Those Pumpkin Village wool blocks are so sweet. The red and white quilt show sounds wonderful. I look forward to seeing what you imagine. A hall with red and white quilts in a myriad of patterns would look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You amaze me Karrin! No more BH quilts for me. Done 3! Your winter blues is stunning! Did not know that about Indigo Blues.

    Fran in frozen Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:22 PM

    Love those indigo's and the BH quilt. Your pumpkins are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pumpkin village - adorable pattern! I have not yet done wool applique' but like regular applique' so much more than I ever expected I would.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love those pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:59 AM

    The pumpkin blocks are so sweet

    ReplyDelete