Sunday, January 14, 2024

ScrapHappy January

It’s again time for showing off our scrap projects!  ScrapHappy is open to anyone using up scraps of anything – no new materials. It can be a quilt block, pincushion, bag or hat, jewelry, dolls, socks or a sculpture.   Anything made of scraps is eligible.

If you'd like to join us and use up your scrap collection, instead of sitting around in bags, etc, why not join us on the 15th of each month? Either e-mail Kate at the address on her Contact Me page, or leave a comment on her Scrap Happy Post.

You can also contact Gun via her blog to join. We welcome new members, and you don’t have to worry about making a long-term commitment or even join in every month. Regular contributors receive an e-mail reminder at least three days before the event.  

I have continued to work on my potato chip blocks.  You can get the instructions here at Conquering Mt. Scrapmore with Brenda.   I worked on these at our 5th Wednesday Community Service workdays for my guild.  We have about 5 hours of sewing time.  I actually made the blocks for one more small quilt and it has been pin basted and ready for someone to pick up to quilt at our next guild meeting.  I didn't get a picture of that one, but I have some more blocks in the making. 



I need to make 6 more blocks for another top.  We have another 5th Wednesday coming up the end of this month, so I will be working on these again and finishing another top.

I was going to start Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery Indigo Way with scraps but decided against it.  I looked at the finished quilt and decided it had too much red for what I wanted to do.  I have some treasured indigos and I want them to be more of the highlighted fabric than the red.

I decided to make another Winter Blues quilt.  I finished and gifted one last year.



These are the bits and pieces I had leftover from that quilt.  




I got them out out of the baggie and ironed and sorted them out.


I love the the labels on the back of indigos.  




I gathered up more neutral and blue scraps, and my indigos and cut more strips up.  I have these ready to work on as leader/enders.  


Check how others have been using their scraps.

KateGun, EvaSue, Lynda,
Birthe, Turid, Susan, Cathy,  Tracy, 
JanMoira, SandraChrisAlys,
ClaireJeanDawnGwen,
Sunny, Kjerstin, Sue LVera, 
 Ann, Dawn 2, Carol, Preeti,
NóilinVivKarrin, Amo, Alissa,
Lynn, Tierney and Hannah

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:05 AM

    your potato chip blocks are very bright and cheerful. Those indigo scraps look like a great project, the labels are really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, I dearly love indigo fabrics. Do try and snag photos of your scrappy quilts next time, as it all adds to the variety of what we show on ScrapHappy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the potato chip blocks. Also a blue quilt can never be wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy seeing the potato chip blocks too. I'm using all scraps for the Bramble Bloom QAL and that feels wonderful. Your WInter Blues quilt is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete