Monday, December 04, 2023

Virtual Cookie Exchange, Day 2, My Day

 



The Virtual Christmas Cookie Exchange and Christmas Blog Hop started yesterday, hosted by the fabulous Carol @Just Let Me Quilt.    Many thanks to Carol, this is one of my favorite blog hops of the year and this is the 5th year I have participated in it.

The challenge this time was to "share any of the items listed below:

                A Christmas recipe, (cookies or something else food-related)

A favorite Christmas memory

Christmas Quilt, project or gift idea."

As I have mentioned in prior years, I usually make 10-12 types of cookies, and gives boxes out to family and friends.  I usually like to try 1-2 things new.  

This year my recipe is for Caramel Pecan Turtles:  I got the recipe at Creations by Kara here:  My picture isn't as pretty as her is though.  Although mine aren't very pretty, they taste fantastic.  



In 2018 I gave my recipe for Fudge and Crunchy Peanut bark here.

In 2019 I made Gingerbread reindeer.  






In 2021 I tried a bunch of new recipes including Buckeye cookies.  



German chocolate truffles, found at Tastes Better from Scratch.   





In 2022 the new to me recipe was the Andes Mint Cookies from the Recipe Critic.


Be sure to visit the other bakers/makers listed below who are be sharing their Christmas spirit.

                                                               DECEMBER 4

18 comments:

  1. What great cookie memories! I still love the gnome, and this year's cookie looks great to me. Ah, chocolate, how I miss you! 🫠

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great rundown of your recipes. I am going to put them in the book that Days Filled with Joy shared with us yesterday. Thanks so much and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember your sharing most of those cookies in past years. :) So many good ones--and who doesn't love turtles? Those look delicious to me! Thanks for sharing! (P.S. I love the Santa quilt at the top of your blog page!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, I love the quilt you featured in the logo; lots of hard work, too. The list of cookies you've tried is perfect. I need to try many of them and I was pleased to see links to them. I love turtles' a wonderful addition this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a lot of different types of cookies that you make. They all look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have an amazing variety of recipes, Karrin! You're making me want to bake - and that is not usually my thing. :) Your Santa quilt in the top photo is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great cookies over the years. They all look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The turtles sound great! It's a recipe I'll have to try!
    quilting gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. Turtles were always my candy of choice when I was young and visiting a candy store. Yours look delicious! Thanks for sharing the link and for sharing all your previous yummies. I love having you play along in this hop...thank you, Karrin! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember your melting snowmen. Turtles look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always, you have the most gorgeous quilt items to share. I love all the Santas. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, you outdid yourself for this Cookie exchange, Karrin. So many yummy recipes and links. Thanks! Love that reindeer cross stitch too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of these cookies look fantastic! Can’t wait to try them. I will definitely be adding them to my collection. Thank you for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for all the recipes! We make buckeyes each year and add puff rice cereal to them for added crunch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those caramel pecan turtles sound wonderful. Thanks for the link. I may have to give those a try! I think your presentation is just fine. Love your cross stitched towel there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Merry Christmas! I'm going to bookmark your post so I can try making the turtles, maybe on Cookie Day this year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that you have such a big variety of baking on offer! Thanks so much for sharing them all with us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What tasty looking and darling confections! Thank you for commenting on my project as well.

    ReplyDelete