Sunday, September 29, 2024

HQAL. Slow Sunday Stitching

Another week flew by.  I didn't get much sewing done this week.  I had quilt guild workday at my house this week, so I needed to clean house and get things set up.  I also did a deep clean of my bedroom.  I vacuum my bedroom, but don't generally dust.  So I did this week.  I also had gotten some new sheers because the old ones had disintegrated over years of being in a window that gets afternoon sun.  I noticed the drapes were also dusty too, so I moved furniture, washed drapes and vacuumed really well before I put the new sheers and clean drapes up.  


This week I had also hired a handyman do do a couple of things.  I needed to have my shower re-caulked so I did a thorough cleaning of my bathroom too.  The handyman re-caulked my shower and around the kitchen sink, hung a new lamp out in my garage because one of mine had the ballasts go out.  He also took down a cabinet that used to hold BBQ tools that John had made, and hung it in the shed where I have a potting bench.  I figured I could hang my potting tools.





Part of my orchids in the house were suffering after my 2 weeks of no AC, so I repotted them.  


Last Sunday we celebrated my youngest grandson John's 14th BD for a dinner out. My two youngest grandchildren will probably be taller than me the next time I see them!





On Saturday this week, my oldest daughter Kristen and I went on the Alzheimer's Walk with some of her former coworkers.  They all work for the same organization, in different locations.






I've gotten 3 new T-shirts the past couple of weeks!  The turquoise is my color.  

The best thing about these walks is that we usually go out to brunch afterwards.


This week I did get September's Woven Wreaths done.



What I will be working on this Sunday for Slow Sunday Stitching is my Witch Hazel, I got quite a bit stitched this week.




I also hope to continue stitching on block 1 of Folk Art Sampler by Bonnie Sullivan.  I am getting it as a BOM from Shabby Fabrics.  




This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.


KathyMargaretDebNanette, SharonKarrinDaisy, and Connie

 

I will also be linking up for Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.   Check out what everyone is working on.  


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment