Sunday, October 27, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

It has been another busy couple of weeks.  Last weekend daughter Kristen and I went on another walk, this time for suicide prevention.  This Sunday we are going on the Breast Cancer Walk.  John's mother had breast cancer.  We usually go somewhere after these walks for a nice lunch.  I am enjoying visiting all sorts of new restaurants I have never eaten at.

In the posting of my birthday at Half Moon Bay, and other things, I forgot to show what my brother Bill made for my birthday.  Jaeger, my grandson had originally cut out this design on his Cricut, which I applied to a Dollar Tree plastic sign that warped and turned from red to pin.  I asked Bill if he would put it on a piece of wood for me, and he had a slice of olive wood that he could do it on.  This was my birthday present from Bill and Char. 



Bill does the most beautiful woodwork, and I am always so thrilled to receive one of his pieces.

This past week was spent getting ready for workday at my house.  We received about 10 quilt tops at the last meeting that I needed to find backs for prior to workday when we cut the batting and binding.  

Out in the yard, I continued hauling in soil for my new garden.   I also took down my trumpet vine.  It involved a lot of cutting with the reciprocal saw,.  I have filled two two green cans, and still need to wait to empty it again.   The trumpet vine was beautiful, and provided shade for my living room and kitchen, but it was falling over.  Friday some sprinkler guys came by and laid down pipe for drip irrigation for my new garden.  When I figure out where things will be planted, I will put in the irrigation emitters.   I have a lot of room to plant things, my naked lady bulbs I dug up before, and a lot of things in pots around the yard.  


Sprinkler guys also laid some irrigation pipe in the side yard, and I planted some lettuce and some lettuce seeds.  We are coming into cooler weather at long last and I have a lot of things I want to get done in the yard.  



Last week was the Something Wicked Blog Hop.  I showed my Witch Hazel stitchery.  

I finished my October Woven Wreaths.


I have gotten about 8 inches out of 56 of my knitting, but I decided to get out my knitting machine, which I haven't used probably for 25 years, and see if I could figure out how to use it again, and I could finish this project in a couple of hours.  


What I will be doing for Slow Sunday Stitching, after my Breast Cancer Walk is work on this redwork. 


I will be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I just love your redwork, Karrin;))) those flowers are so pretty...and your witch Hazel is so adorable--lovely handworking here--thanks for sharing, Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wooden sign is lovely and a sweet tribute to your husband. Such a thoughtful birthday gift! I love that pretty redwork you're stitching on, too. Hope you have a great walk, lunch, and enjoy some stitching this afternoon, Karrin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your redwork is very pretty. I like your finishes. Your yard will be gorgeous next year.

    ReplyDelete