Sunday, April 07, 2019

Hands2Help, Another Flimsy Finished


I started another quilt for the Hands2Help project this week.  I still have a lot of fabric from the Rhapsody in Blue collection I want to get rid of, plus 2 more of the border fabrics.  So I started making basket blocks. I sewed the 2 rows together.  I had 2 of these.  One was section right, and one I found I sewed on wrong.  



So I ripped that one out.  And decided to sew the sections to the top and bottom of the section I had sewed right.  Started ironing it out, and found I sewed that one on wrong again.  I briefly thought of leaving it, and giving it some quirky name, but in the end I ripped again.  DH was getting a good laugh out of it!


Then I found that the border fabric was misprinted.  This is the bad side.


The other edge is correct.  It is supposed to have those two dark blue strips going down it.  But luckily I had enough fabric to cut just off the one side.  I think I am going to piece together my scraps for the back.  




Finally got it right!  Finished flimsy.  I plan to donate this one to Mercyful Quilts too.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Joy McD said...

That’s just gorgeous! Oh, how frustrating to have to rip it out twice.... I hate it when that happens! But it turned out beautifully in the end :) xx

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

That border print makes it especially beautiful!!!

Cathy said...

Hahaha! Sorry, Karrin, I’m not laughing at you, I’m laughing WITH you! I wish I had a dollar for every time I’ve sewn something together wrong - twice. I’m sure we’re in good company. I think your blue basket flimsy turned out beautifully!!