Tuesday, April 02, 2019

2019 Finish-A-Along, Quarter 1 Finishes


It's time to link up finishes for the 2019 Finish-A-Long Quarter 1.  I continue to appreciate the motivation this gives me to get my numerous UFOs finished!

Back in January, I listed my goals here.  Lets see how I did.

1)  Piece the first two Nutcracker BOM months.  Completed.  I was able to get these done. The top picture has all the steps done as stated, although it looks unfinished.  I think those pieces go around the Nutcracker blocks.






2)  Embroider last 3 redwork blocks.  Not done  Sadly, I did not get to these as I participated in 2 blog hops during this quarter.

3).  Applique Flourishes #10 BOM.  Completed.




4)  Finish embroidery on Take Me to the Sea, and make into a pillow.  This was a Kathy Schmitz design.   Completed.  Fits in perfect with my decor.


5.  Make another section of Sweet Land of Liberty, a Cheri Payne quilt. Not Done. Lori at Humble Quilts is having a Quilt a Long again this year.  April is month 2, which is where I am starting in.  Last year I started when people were putting their quilts together.  I got this much done, which is pretty much month 1 except for the angel.  I finally found my directions too which I had had before.  So this item is going back on my list for second quarter.



6. Project for Dust Off a Quilt Book Blog Hop.  Completed.  I had long wanted to make this quilt for my husband, had flannel fabric set aside.  It is heavier than anything.  The past couple of years, he has had to sleep in a hospital bed due to disability., and it seemed a perfect time to make it.  He thanks me everyday for making this for him.   It would be way, way to heavy for me to sleep under.  But as he is constantly cold, it is perfect for him and I am so thankful to have gotten this done.


7.  Project for Quilt Qwazy Queens Blog Hop.  Completed.   For this blog hop, I took some swap blocks on wool.  This was done in the crazy quilt group Crazy Quilting International.  I made a bunch of basket blocks on wool, sent them aroundto participants, and they embroidered on them.  My basket I had never completed.  For this blog hop I completed the embroidery on my block and put it together into a small wall hanging.


These blocks were embellished by other participants.  

 

My unfinished block                                               After I finished the embroidery.

    Completed project


8.  Cherry quilt blocks to flimsy.  Completed.  I put these blocks I had found at some sort of estate sale together into a quilt for Hands2Help, will be donating this to Quilty Hugs charity.


9.  Good Fortune Mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter into flimsy.  Completed.  I sent this off to a longarm quilter and donated it to the Carolina Hurricaine Quilt Project


10.  One Father Christmas BOM block appliqued.   Completed.  This is an old, old UFO.  Had one block done for years.  Now there are two!



11.  All Things Bright and Beautiful, finish to flimsy.   Not done.  Never got around to this one.  

So all in all I completed  8/11 projects on my list.  



4 comments:

  1. My goodness! You got a lot done. My favorite is your house in the Sweet Land of Liberty and also the Flourishes block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you got 8 out of 11 done - that is super! Way to go, Karrin! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot going on. Congrats on 8 out of 11 completions!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karrin, you go SO much done! Congratulations on a very productive quarter. Your flower basket block looks terrific. I need to get going on the next one myself. I have a lot more left than you do, though. Half of them. And SLOL, I have my angel ready to appliqué and haven't done any of it. The wool baskets are gorgeous. I really like the flowers you added to yours. Just so much completed. I look forward to seeing the goals for the second quarter. I'm going backwards in the post order. =)

    ReplyDelete