Sunday, April 07, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching


This week, I suddenly found myself without anything on the couch where I stitch by hand.  I decided to trace out the eagle from the Sweet Land of Liberty by Cheri Payne and get started on this month's blocks.  The eagle is almost done, I need to get going on the rest of the blocks.




I also pulled out one of the last 3 redwork nursery rhyme blocks.  This is one Little Bo Peep.  I have had these prepared for months, I want to finish them and pass them on to my dear SIL to set into a quilt for her granddaughter.  This was one of my goals for the first quarter of the 2019 Finish-A-Long, but I never got to it.  I've lost interest in these, but am trying to work on them for an hour a day.  



I'll be linking up to Kathy's Quilts Slow Sunday Stitching, which continues to be a great motivation for me, and I thank Kathy so much for this!

Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. I was pretty much out of prepared handwork also. I got busy and prepped five applique blocks so I would have some tv watching handwork to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eagle looks great - I think I forgot the words under the other stitching. I will have to think about that. I have the star in the middle, and I like the way it looks now, but I will probably add the words. It won't take long. Maybe when I finish the rest of the unit.

    ReplyDelete