Saturday, May 29, 2021

Hand Quilt Along, Slow Sunday Stitching

I just realized I didn't check in for the last Hand Quilt Along, as it was around the time I was caring for my husband before he passed.  The time before that, I had been working on hexies and blocks for my Ella Maria Duncan quilt.  I haven't worked on either of those since.  I need to get back to those soon.  

My grandson Jaeger graduated Friday night.  Although I was not able to attend, as they had limited visitors, I got to watch it on You Tube.  Needless to say, we are all very proud.


For the past several years, I have been working on on the Pieces From the Past Quilt by @Melva Loves Scraps.   for a graduation quilt for Jaeger.

This week I worked on two blocks by hand to add to the original ones we did during the sew along, as Jaeger is 6 feet or more.  So I added another row of 12 inch blocks.  These were the ones I hand pieced.



And I made these two by machine. 



I finished assembling the quilt and machine quilted it.   



I also this week started on a lighthouse quilt which will eventually be for my brother and sister-in-law.  My brother is going to lay a new kitchen floor for me in a couple of weeks, and I told them I would make them a quilt.  They love lighthouses just like I do.  I am trying to get a couple done before they come up in a couple of weeks.


I was feeling a bit blue this week, and daughter Katie came over after work and brought me two beautiful bouquets of flowers.  



My hydrangeas are also blooming.  




What I will be working on this week is the same as last week my washcloth and little stitchery.  




Be sure and check out the other Hand Quilt Along links below.  

Hand Quilt Along Links


This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanetteSharonKarrinDaisyConnie, and Sherrie


I will also be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Head on over there and check out what they have been up to also.  

10 comments:

  1. Karrin, Jaeger's graduation quilt is a beauty. You all must be so very proud of him. Nothing like a vase of cheery sunflowers and gorgeous gladdies to make your heart a little less sad. Love the lighthouse block you have stitched. This will be a fabulous quilt. How exciting to have a new kitchen floor. Lastly, look at your hydrangeas flowering in those pretty shades; love them! Take care. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karrin,

    I did not know your husband passed away! I am so sorry for your loss... I am a widow 13 years now this month and miss him still every day though I am glad my husband is no longer suffering on this earth... it took me a long time to find solid ground after his passing... I hope you are okay dear friend! It sounds like you have lots of family around you which is good... let them spoil you... the flowers your daughter brought and the hydrangeas are amazing.. your quilting is supreme. Take good care of you! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your grandson it's such a shame that we aren't allowed to attend these special events as the atmosphere at the event is one of the things that makes it special but it's good that you got to see it on zoom, The blocks are lovely, I love that lighthouse quilt. The flowers from your daughter are beautiful. Have a peaceful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your grandson! The quilt you made him will be a true keepsake. The lighthouse is wonderful - so detailed. I can imagine you have lots of times of feeling blue right now, Karrin - so glad you have your very supportive daughters nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you have family there to support you and bring you pretty flowers too.
    And look at all the bloom in your garden. Mine is much further behind. Meanwhile, I love to see your stitching. That lighthouse block is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your grandson! He is going to love that quilt. I like the lighthouse that you are working on. You knitting looks good too. Enjoy your flowers and your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely flowers from your daughter to brighten your day. Those hydrangeas looked beautiful and will be gorgeous when in full bloom. Congrats on your grandson's graduation ~ he is going to love that quilt and treasure it. Congrats on that finish too :) Love the light house block! Have a lovely week and look forward to checking in again to see all your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Jaeger.
    He will treasure thata beautiful quilt forever.
    Love the lighthouse quilt, those quilts on the fence is an awesome idea, so beautiful.
    Take care of yourself Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jaeger’s quilt turned out beautifully! Those extra blocks fit right in with the others, you did a great job picking them! The light house quilt is inspired, I love the first blocks! Wishing you a good week with plenty to keep you busy, but also time to think and reflect as you need. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice! I love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete