Friday, August 27, 2021

One Monthly Goal, August

 


My One Monthly Goal for August was to finish a quilt for my brother Bill, whose birthday was August 1st.  I stated my goal in this post.    

I had tried to get it done before his birthday but due to a nasty cold (not COVID) I got slowed down.  Then my Juki that I use on my quilt frame decided to have tension problems that I couldn't resolve,  so I free motion quilted the remaining on my Bernina.

I'm happy to say I achieved my goal, and finished the quilt, and Bill has received it.  I tried to practice different FMQ motifs on the whales and boats and I did waves around the sashings which were a little wonky.  







My brother Bill and SIL Char came up in June and put in a new kitchen floor for me.  This is the picture we had then.  They live in Southern California, and I live in Northern, so we typically get to see each other if possible once a year.  

My brother was born when I was 10 years old, and I took care of him from the time he was born.   I tried to find a poem or something appropriate to put on the label and I finally came up with one.  



I will be linking up One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts.    Thanks so much to Patty and all she does, and for this monthly motivation!

Thanks so much for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. I am glad bill got and loves your quilt… I love it for him too!!! Great job achieving your monthly goal girl ;)
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is perfect for a loved brother. Love the sailing boats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt looks wonderful, and perfect for a brother. Your label is a really nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous finish, Karrin! I love everything about this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...what a beautiful quilt...and such a touching label!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete