Saturday, August 28, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching

It's been another busy week this week.  It was daughter Katie's BD on the 24th and I fixed some salads for her lunch, and cupcakes.  When it is my family's BD, I usually try to find some old pictures and post them.  I was going through these pictures last Sunday and found these.  I was looking for the chocolate face one.  This was her first birthday, chocolate cake and she dipped her hands in the icing and wiped it all over her face and hair.  She usually needed a bath or a cleanup after she ate!








I also was asked to take grandson Keaton to the orthodontist to get his braces off, what a handsome guy, but I may be a little bit prejudiced!  I asked him if he had combed his hair, it looked a little scruffy.   When he got back in the car for me to take him to school, he checked out his hair and admitted he had just rushed down for me to pick him up and take to the orthodontist.  


The other thing I did this week was send off the Llama quilt for my friend's baby Jack.  I asked that she take some pictures of the baby on the quilt.   In the one, he looks like he is looking right at his name and the llama.  He is two weeks old.  



What I will be working on this week on Slow Sunday Stitching will be either of these two embroidery projects.  The chicken one I started briefly while John was in the hospital.  I came across it today while trying to straighten up my sewing room.    The other is one of Kathy Schmitz's designs from the One Stitch at a Time Embroidery Club.  




I will be linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Head on over and check out what everyone has been up to!  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  


13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter, Katie. Love the photo of Katie as a wee baby smiling at John. Such a precious photo. My youngest daughter's birthday was on the 24th, too. Just look at your grandson's perfect teeth. He is a handsome lad. Little Jack is adorable. Yes he does look as if he is looking at the llama on his beautiful quilt. Enjoy your stitching, lovely Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandson is very handsome. I think not combing hair is the style now among the younger generation. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a gorgeous family Karrin! Love the chocolate cake smeared everywhere. Nice embroidery projects going on too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to see pictures of your daughter and grandson, Karrin! I think I skipped right over that Kathy Schmitz design - will have to find what I did with it, but I do love your "This chick's had it" embroidery. Don't we all need to say that once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Love your embroidery projects...really
    like the chicken one. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your stitching projects are sweet, and those baby photos are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your daughter. Love the old photos. Your grandson is quite handsome. That llama quilt is adorable as is Baby Jack. I am looking forward to watching your progress on the embroideries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why, oh, why do we give our babies chocolate cake on their first birthday when we all know what happens. I have a similar photo of my daughter smeared with cake. I guess it's just such fun to watch them! Happy Birthday to Katie.
    Your grandson's hair -- well, curls are pretty hard to tame. I think he looks great!
    I hope you enjoy your slow stitching today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Karrin! I loved going on the sentimental journey of your daughter's life! I love when my kiddos, and now my grandkids, get dirty! What's the fun in staying clean? Ahhhh....what a sweet embroidery project. That quilt is a precious gift for a special boy. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the family photos you shared :)
    I love that YOU got to take your gs to get his braces off too... what a handsome smile too!
    Tell me about the paper or whatever your embroidery is on with the chicken... my curiosity is peaked as I love embroidery and this looks precise and tear away when done... is that right???
    I am glad you found these things when straightening you sewing room... ready to come straighten mine now!??? lol Have a blessed week dear friend :)
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the baby birthday photo, chocolate face and all! And the brand new baby with his delightful Lama quilt, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many great photos! He is a handsome boy - wish I had some of those curls! The saying on the last stitchery is perfect! Hope you have a good week Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday to Kathie.
    Love that Llama quilt, where can I find the llama pattern?
    You have great embroidery projects going on
    Have a wonderful week, Karrin.

    ReplyDelete