Sunday, August 15, 2021

Orange You Glad Blog Hop Starts Today, My Day




When the fabulous Carla @Creatin in the Sticks  announced the Orange You Glad Blog Hop, I was excited to participate.  The color orange reminds me of the fruit, but more than that, it reminds me of the fall, and pumpkins and falling leaves.  I had a number of ideas floating through my mind with pumpkins and leaves.  I looked on Pinterest a bit.   I ended up purchasing a table runner pattern from The Dutch Quilter on Etsy called Falling Leaves.   I decided instead of making a table runner, I was going to use her beautiful leaf templates to make a fall pillow cover.  

One day I decided to go check out a quilt shop I had heard about, that was down the street from my son-in-law's used car lot in Lincoln, CA called Sew Katie Jean to look for some oranges.  I found some beauties, and the lady checking me out pointed out that there was a quilt panel with sunflowers and pumpkins in it.   I love sunflowers and pumpkins, and it didn't take much for a squirrel to convince me to purchase the panel too.  

I designed a pillow cover with a pumpkin in it, and I cut out a sunflower from another fabric and did a sort of broderie perse.  I used some of the leaf templates from the falling leaves pattern.  

Front 


                            Back


I was going to do a simple cross-hatch for the front of the pillow, but got carried away practicing my free motion quilting.  




After this, that squirrel convinced me I need to work on the beautiful sunflower panel.  I just put a couple of simple borders on, because I wanted to use those leaf templates along the borders.   I didn't have time to quilt it yet.  I will put in the details of the leaves when I quilt it.  I am going to use this piece to practice my free motion skills again.

On my design floor.


And Outside


Thanks for stopping by, and thanks so much to Carla @Creatin in the Sticks  for another great hop.  The full schedule is below.  Be sure and check out the other bloggers below.  

29 comments:

  1. Oh what fabulous projects, Karrin. Your fall pillow is just darling and I would have never thought of using a panel for a tablerunner. I LOVE it !!! Thank you so much for sharing; you have my mind whirling with ideas. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those different shades of orange in your pretty cushion cover. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pillow and panel. Your free-motion quilting really looks great. Both projects remind me so much of autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pillow quilting as well as all else is amazing, then the next photo gave mer goosebumps. Beautiously gorgeous.( That's a quilting term not found in any dictionary!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects Karrin, I love them both. The panel is just perfect for a fall table runner. I love sunflowers but none of our seeds grew this year. Hopefully we'll have better luck next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both projects are fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Fall-themed orange projects! Your pillow is really charming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely pillow. And you surely will have lots of practice when quilting your panel quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your projects! The pillow with the pumpkin, sunflower, and leaves on it--awesome! The quilting is too! That panel is really neat--I have just been thinking that I need a pretty autumn panel that I can put falling leaves on--our minds have been on the same track. I really like the way yours has turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your free motion quilting looks great! The pillow is wonderful. Thank you for sharing your projects and great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun project to practice that beautiful quilting. It's amazing. Love your orange - so bright and happy. Thank you, Karrin, for joining the Orange You Glad Blog Hop. You make us smile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fall is my favorite time of the year, and your projects make me wish it was here right now! LOL!! Oh my goodness girl...your free motion quilting is just gorgeous. What a beautiful pillow. I'm excited to see what quilting you do on your fall panel quiltie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are both beautiful orange and Autumn projects.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your pillow cover, Karrin! The quilting you did is perfect for it. Your pumpkin panel is fun, too - I'll enjoy seeing how you quilt it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those fall panels snag me every time! I appreciated seeing the way you finished the panel using the new applique pieces. Thanks for sharing.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  16. your projects are wonderful. thanks for sharing. Sigh I have a similar squirrel when i go into a fabric store. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your pumpkin pillow! It has everything for fall

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your pillow is wonderful. Love your quilting. The panel is perfect for fall. So bright and cheery for the upcoming season. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such fun projects and very handy that you've discovered a new fabric store to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love sunflowers and you used them perfectly in your pillow. Great 'oranges' fabrics that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the pumpkin/sunflower pillow! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love both your projects! Your quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pillow and how cool to combine different techniques. Love the leaves! Thanks for sharing the link to the pattern. The panel is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful projects. Makes me want to get my fall decorations out.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great projects! I really enjoy decorating for fall, since we don't actually have a real change of seasons around here. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Karrin your Orange You Glad projects are perfect. I love your FMQ on the pillow. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Karrin, a couple of beauties here. On your pillow- I love your special applique and that fabric both front and back. Your quilting of it is wonderful. And your panel is so Autumn to me. Pumpkins are one of my favourite things in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love both your projects Karrin! They are both so pretty... You're ready for Fall decorating now! xx

    ReplyDelete