Saturday, August 21, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching, Busy Week

This has been quite a busy week for me.  I have been taxiing my family to and from the airport.  Daughter Kristen and husband Jeff came back from New Mexico on Monday after seeing grandson Jaeger off to college, and getting him settled.  

Tuesday was granddaughter Kyleigh's 21st birthday.  I usually post a couple of pictures on my family's BD, and the first two that jumped out at me were pictures of John and Kyleigh when she was a baby.   I found these two of John and they brought tears to my eyes.  Apparently it did to my other family members also.  





One of my favorites of Kyleigh and I.  

That night we all went to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate her birthday.  


Thursday we were back to the airport, dropping off Kristen, Kyleigh and Jeff for a little adventure to celebrate her 21st birthday.  I am picking them up Sunday morning.  





While they were gone, grandson Keaton and I enjoyed some yummy soups I made.  Today we had Award Winning Cheeseburger Soup.  Yesterday I made Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup  an Olive Garden Copycat recipe.  Keaton loves soup as much as I do.  When his mother flies to Boston in a couple of weeks to get Kyleigh settled in school we plan to enjoy a couple of more.  

Other than providing transportation and making sure Keaton had some meals this week, I finished my brother Bill's quilt binding and sent it off to him, and he loved it.  



Bill loved the detail in the quilting of the whales and ships.  


The other thing I did this week was to make this llama quilt for a friend from work who just had her first baby.  Her mother, who is supervisor of nurses in Home Health, raises alpaca and llamas, so I thought they would like this.  


I cut out the baby's name with my Cricut using infusible ink.  It came out pretty nice.  This is what I will be doing for my Slow Sunday Stitching this week, sewing down the binding.  I will be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.    Head on over and check out what everyone is working on this week.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  



14 comments:

  1. The photos of John and Kyleigh are lovely; as are the ones of you with Kyleigh. Yes, tears would come to the eyes as you go through the photos of John and family members. Happy, happy birthday to Kyleigh. 21!! Goodness how quickly the years fly by. The soups sound delicious, Karrin. I love a hearty bowl of soup with thick crusty bread. Soup is always a fabulous meal; quite filling. Bill's quilt is fabulous! Love the quilting designs you imagined. Sweet baby quilt, too. Love the centre llama, and the llama fabric is adorable. Jack James is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Kyleigh had a lovely birthday, so nice you have children close to you and you can step in when needed. Your brother's quilt is very nice and so is the baby quilt. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful memories in those family pictures! Of course your brother loved his quilt! The baby will love the llama quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great family photo's with wonderful memories! Happy Birthday to your gd! Love that you have a soup lover in the family. I have one who will try it and one who won't! Oh well, more for me! Your llama quilt is lovely and the quilting on Bills quilt is wonderful. Have a great week Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Awesome photos of your family, thanks for sharing. Your soups sound
    really yummy. I really like your Llama quilt..so cute. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilt with ships and whales on, the quilting is stunning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely family photos and memories!
    That ocean quilt is fabulous! I love the design of it and I'm sure the recipient will be delighted with this treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos of you and John with Kyleigh! Happy 21st to her! I love sailboat quilt - especially the whales. We're soup fans here, too - I'll check out those recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww... I am so glad you have so many photos to look back on of your hubby with your family. I am glad you have had a positive busy productive week... sounds like you only slowed down to fall into bed at night! Kyleigh was a beautiful little girl and a stunning young lady.. nice that her parents can take her on a fun get away alone before she goes off to college too! I am glad you and Keaton had a wonderful time together... Hope your Sunday when it is quiet and you are alone is well... you have that cute Llama quilt to get layered and quilted... it is super cute! I am following you now... not sure how I wasn't but a day later I should get your posts now :D Makes me a happy girl! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos Karrin! Your BIL is going to love his quilt and the llama quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Busy week indeed. Lovely family! Wonderful gifted quilts you have made. Very clever llama quilt for someone who raises llamas. She will be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karrin - bitter sweet beginning with birthday reminder pictures but a very happy Birthday and busy week. Llama quilt is adorable and will be loved. The quilt for your BIL turned out fabulous :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The photos...so very sweet...of course there were some tears! Bless you Karrin! The whale quilt turned out magnificently, and the llama baby quilt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely to be spending time with family... so precious.. love Bill's quilt - I agree, the quilting is amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete