Sunday, April 10, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching

This has been another busy week.  I spent the first part of the week working on my yard.  I was finally able to get the weeds controlled on my brick patio.  It took me 4 days to get it cut back, plus I was able to mow the back lawn and side yard weeds. I still have some flower beds to weed, but it is in much better shape.  




I was even able to get the weeds off the brick pathway going down the side of the house.  This is where I have a lot of my succulents and Cymbidium orchids, and a few herbs.  If I plant dill or cilantro in the ground the snails munch them up.  So I have them in pots up high!  



This week my irises have bloomed , and I think it is a Japanese lilac.  



Last Tuesday was John's BD so all my family that is in town, including 2 daughters and SIL's, 3 of the grandchildren went to John's favorite Mexican restaurant and enjoyed a great meal, with may stories of John being told.




Wednesday was quilt guild meeting and it was nice, and Friday I got together with my mini group.  

This week I took that challenge baggie of fabrics I received from the guild to make items from.  I cut out a simple quilt that will be going to someone undergoing dialysis in our area.  


I showed the people in my guild a picture of the top.  When I got home looking at it again, I realized that I had put this together wrong.  Those brown rectangles should all be on the right side.  


I also made a table runner, which I plan to applique some leaves and maybe pumpkins scattered across it.  


I am participating in the Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge again this year.  I cut out several small quilts for this.  One of them is with the tumbler die from Accuquilt.  

My daughter reminded me that our hairdresser's BD is coming up this month.  Muna has been my hairdresser since she graduated from beauty college and Katie was 6 months old.  Muna loves flamingos, so I made her a Flamingo mug rug.  


This week for Slow Sunday Stitching this week, I will be ripping out part of that quilt top that is put together wrong.  I will also be finishing up this Kathy Schmitz stitchery.  


I'll be linking up for Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  Head on over and check out what everyone has been up to.  

I came across this in Facebook this week.  



Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. There are many, many perfectly acceptable reasons for acquiring more fabric. =) The flamingo mug rug is adorable. Such a shame you have to redo some of the dialysis quilt. Your embroidery is looking lovely. How lovely for you all to gather at John's favourite restaurant and enjoy a good meal and remembering all those wonderful memories you all share. Your backyard is looking lush and green, Karrin. Spring is beginning to gift your little place with beautiful flowers. Just a little aside, I love the paint colour of your home. Such a pretty colour blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to get fabrics sorted…I’m due for a big tidy up too. That flamingo mug rug is beautiful. Your Kathy Schmitz embroidery is coming along. How nice to see you out with family to mark that special occasion. Lastly I’m envious of your spring progress…garden looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That flamingo is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks lovely you did a great job, I have to keep my herbs in pots because the snails get them. I love the Flamingo mug rug and the Kathy Schmitz's stitchery is lovely, I love her patterns. Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's always so much work to do at this time of the year, I haven't really started yet it's still too cold here. The flamingo rug is lovely and I'm looking forward to seeing your finished stitchery, enjoy your Sunday stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos of the family remembering John. Love your mug rug,so cute, and nice embroidery too. Your garden is very neat and tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Kathy Schmitz design you're working on is one of my favorites from last year! I love your flamingo mug rug, too - what a lovely gift. It looks like you have a pretty, sunny yard - glad you've been able to get out and work in it this week. Your dinner to honor John sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:41 AM

    I love your flamingo. Can you let me know where you got the pattern? A friend of mine says her totem animal is a flamingo and I would like to make it for her. Thanks, Pattie email patty9308@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your yard looks lovely. Interesting that putting the herbs in pots keeps the critters away from them. What a cute flamingo rug and the tumbler topper is so cute. I forgot about the Hands 2 Help - thanks for the reminder. Have a great week Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The yard looks great. Interesting that they will stay away from the raised herbs.... Love the tumbler quilt and the stitchery is cute. Have a great week Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    Love your yard...so pretty and green. It's still a little chilly here, but some of my
    flowers have been popping open. Love that pink flamingo! And your embroidery piece
    your working on. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that flamingo rug. Oh I hate when a photo reveals a mistake. I am sorry that you have to spend time taking it apart. Couldn't you claim you took artistic license. So glad you got your yard cleaned up. It has been almost wintry here. How nice that you all gathered in John's favorite restaurant to honor him on his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The flamingo gift is fabulous!
    Such a sad way to use Slow Sunday Stitching time with an unsewing task, however I hope you did have some time to work on your embroidery too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The quilts all look wonderful. It looks fine that some of the brown blocks are not on the right-hand side on the one quilt. The family times are most important. Seems nowadays we tend to not make time for family. Precious memories for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your garden is looking just lovely! Gorgeous stitchery and your quilts look great - I can't tell which blocks are wrong! xx

    ReplyDelete