Sunday, October 23, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching, Chasing Squirrels Last Week

 Another busy week has passed.  This week was Begonia Meeting and I was one of the members that was providing refreshments.  The other member was bringing fixings for nachos, so I tried to coordinate my refreshments to go with hers.  I made this Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad, Pina Colada Fruit Salad.  I also made three cookie bars, Pecan Squares, Soft Pumpkin Cookies, and Raspberry Almond Linzer Shortbread.  I literally was cooking all day, but everything was a hit.

Wednesday was guild meeting, and afterwards I spent about 1-1/2 hours at my internet office trying to get a problem sorted out.  

My daughters have some friends that get together for dinner on people's birthdays.  I got invited because they were celebrating my daughter Katie's BD and Suzanne, both of whom have August birthdays, but various reasons got delayed celebrating.  It was a fun evening.  




Friday afternoon granddaughter Kyleigh and I went to lunch at a nursery that has a cafe that is always in popular demand.  Kyleigh obtained the last reservation of the week.  


I might have chased a couple of squirrels last week.  I had all my Halloween fabrics out from making my friend Jandra's Tired of Trickin Quilt.


Then this past week I participated in the Gremlins, Goblins and Ghouls, Oh My Blog Hop.  You can read about it here.  This was my project.  My Ghoulish Gnomes.


The first squirrel I chased that wasn't on my original plan for the week was to make my granddaughter Kyleigh a Halloween table runner.  She had been over the week before, and in mixed with my Halloween fabrics were some Halloween orphan blocks from a long, long ago swap I was in.   She liked them, and the Boo fabric.  So I decided to make her a table runner, and give it to her at the luncheon.  I finished it about an hour before I left.   The little ghost block was from a swapper in the Netherlands!



The next squirrel I chased was after reading a post by Carol Swift @Just Let Me Quilt.    She had designed this quilt, Who's Looking At You.  I thought my daughters would like it, so I cut two out.  They are all prepared for quilting.  Unfortunately I didn't read the directions before I cut and fused all my pieces, where it said everything had been reversed.  I reversed them myself, so my versions are opposite the pattern.  They were such big pieces, and I had used so much fusible and fabric, I left them as they were.  


I think I can put my Halloween fabrics away now.  Plus about 6-7 ladies from the guild are coming over next Wednesday for workday at my house, so I need to clean up my work areas anyway.  

What I will be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching is putting the binding on my brother's quilt and sewing it down by hand.  I wasn't able to work on it last week, I had a lot going on chasing those squirrels.  


I will be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Head on over and check out what everyone has been up to.  

To top things off on Saturday night, I went to put some of my leftovers from this week in the microwave.  It wouldn't work.  I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in.  Nothing.  A little while later I tried warming up a cup of water.  All of a sudden it went on.  I put my dinner in, and it would not work.  I looked inside and apparently we bought it in 2014, I guess it was tired.  I ended up going to Home Depot and getting a new microwave.  What a pain!  

Thanks for stopping by!






16 comments:

  1. That gets me wondering how old my microwave is - you don't think about it until it doesn't work properly.
    All of your projects look great and it looks like you certainly stay busy. I will look those recipes over thanks for including the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a busy and fun week. Love the Ghoulish Gnomes pillow.
    Stitching the binding on your brother's quilt is a sign of another beautiful finish.
    Happy stitching, Karrin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had a busy week! The cat & owl quilts are really cute, no one would know you had reversed the direction if you hadn't told us. This way they are unique with your own twist, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cafe at a nursery is such a good idea! Who wouldn't want to eat there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet the sisters' friends invited you to their celebration. I keep wanting to make some fall things, but haven't. You sure did have some great makes. Really like both the table runner and the quilts "who's looking at you!".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like such a fun week with your get together and yummy meals! I love your squirrels, too. The Who's Looking at You wall-hangings are adorable! The girls will never know you flipped them over, and I bet they will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A busy but fun and productive week. I hate when appliances just up and decide not to work. All the quilt runners are so cute. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:43 AM

    Great halloween gifts! With a big family like yours, there is always a birthday to celebrate! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wheww! You are one busy gal. I am always amazed and inspired by all that you get completed, Karrin. Have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some fabulous projects on the go. Love those black kitties! Annoying about your microwave though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do like all of the squirrels that waylaid you this week. You daughter's birthday celebration looks like fun. I like those Ghoulish Gnomes. Enjoy stitching that binding. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of those beautiful Halloween table runners! I guess I sent you some of my Life’s interruptions Sorry. Have a great week! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darn had a comment and it disappeared . Sorry for the microwave death. No fun But I love your Halloween table runners! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good on you chasing those squirrels and getting such a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You sound like a great cook. I clicked on the recipes and saved that corn salad! Your Tired of Tricking is soooo cute! That stitching on your brother's quilt is beautiful. Ugh on the microwave!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Karrin, that is a lot of cooking/baking but how enjoyable to have these wonderful get togethers. Beautiful photos. Lots of great squirrels and finishes too. I loved them all!

    ReplyDelete