Sunday, October 30, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching, Happy Halloween

It was a little crazy last week.  It started out normal with the Monday singing group.  We have started on Christmas song practice, and I thought these would be easy, no surprise songs.  Well I was wrong.  There is a song called "Twas the Night After Christmas" I have never heard before, and the other surprise was "Pablo The Raindeer".

I got the quilting done on both quilts for my daughters.  This was a pattern by Carol Swift @Just Let Me Quilt called "Who's Looking At You" and can be purchased here.


This week I also finished hand sewing the binding on my brother's king-sized quilt.  Too hard to get a picture here.  I plan to take it guild meeting on the 16th for show and tell, and they will take a picture there.  

Tuesday was spent getting ready for workday at my house with about 6 guild ladies on Wednesday.  I had a big mess to pick up with all the Halloween fabrics all over my work area.  Tuesday my tooth that I had a crown put on a couple of months ago started hurting again, so much so I couldn't chew at all.  

Wednesday the ladies came over for several hours and we cut batting and binding to match the the tops and backings and bagged them up for pin basting day.  While everyone was there, I developed a terrible migraine on top of the tooth pain.  That afternoon I was able to get a dental appointment and found out I had an abscess  and needed a root canal on that same tooth.  My office didn't have an endodontist available till 11/16 and so they asked if I would mind going to another office.   They gave me an antibiotic and some ibuprofen.  There was 1-1/2 hour wait at the pharmacy and I barely got my prescription before they closed down.

Thursday morning I was called and said another office downtown would be able to take care of my tooth.  Apparently the tooth I just had a crown put on, the nerve is dead, but the root canal was done.  I still have a bump in my mouth where the abscess is, but I am able to chew again, without much pain.

The rest of Thursday and Friday I didn't feel like doing much, and didn't, mostly rested.  

Saturday was granddaughter Klara's 9th BD.  They came over briefly in the afternoon to get her gifts.    Klara loves Stranger Things, and I cut out an SVG image from Stranger Things in vinyl with my Cricut, and ironed it on a sweatshirt.  





While I haven't been doing much this week, I have been reading up a storm, mainly this series by Carol Dean Jones, Cozy Quilt Series.  They are a quick read and I think I have read 4-5 this week.  I have Kindle Unlimited and they are free to me.  

My daughter has been encouraging me to watch this series on Netflix called The Haunting Of Hill House, I have the last couple of days in keeping watching a creepy series for Halloween.  It is creepy for sure.

Around my neighborhood, they have some very clever decorations, which we stopped and got some pictures of this afternoon.






This week for Slow Sunday Stitching I will be working on two projects.  The first is Granddaughter Kyleigh's poncho.  I had about 5 inches knit and I found out I had dropped a stitch somewhere.  I have ripped this thing out 3 times, I am finally starting over and am going to try it again.  It is supposed to be a Christmas gift but warned her it might be delayed.  


I'll also continue working on this gnome again.  

I'll be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.    Head on over and check out what everyone has been up to.  



Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. so sorry about your tooth that sounds really painful. So glad they were able to have another dentist take care of it though. Your knitting experience sounds like me when I try knitting - I constantly have to check and make sure I do not drop a stitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you were able to get your tooth fixed. That gnome is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing worse than tooth problems - glad that is ok. You have so many great projects in the works and fun stuff going on ~ A very happy birthday celebration too (love what you made too) Never took to knitting but I do love to crochet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no fun on the tooth pain! That can be the worst. Glad you got some time with your granddaughter for her birthday, and a few other things accomplished, too. Hope the coming week is better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tooth pain is no fun. I had two canals last year and I’m hoping to avoid that again! Glad they could get you in right away. I hope that your crochet works out well this time. I am also an expert at ripping out my knitting projects and starting again…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I am glad they could get me in right away too. I am going to get my knitting machine out, which I haven't used in 25 years and see if I can figure it out. I could get this project done in a couple of hours if I can do that.

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday to Klara! Poor you tooth ache is horrible! I think your gnome is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Kathi Clower11:04 AM

    Hey Karrin! So glad the sbcess was able to get a quick fix relative… and you are feeling more normal now! Sorry you were feeling so yucky while your guild friends were over!
    Your Halloween quilts are sew festive for the season! Hope the knitting goes easier
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, an abscess and root canal, I certainly do feel for you. I've been down that track several times in earlier years. You always have a lot on the go, love that cute Christmas gnome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about the abscess. So glad they were able to get you in. That sweatshirt is such a sweet idea for the birthday girl. Glad you did get your Halloween quilts done before the tooth took over!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh No, tooth pain with abscess is really not fun. Hope you are feeling better. Great Halloween quilts and the gnome project is so cute. Happy Halloween Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about your tooth. I love that sweatshirt for your granddaughter - she is adorable. I had not heard of the Cozy Quilt series so I just got a free trial of Kindle Unlimited so I can read the first one! Your gnome is really cute. The yarn for the poncho is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry about the tooth. Those Halloween quilts are great. I like your gnome. Good luck with that poncho. I like the yarn you are using.

    ReplyDelete