Sunday, October 16, 2022

Hand Quilt Along, Slow Sunday Stitching

It's been a whirlwind week for me.  In addition to my regular singing practice, and quilt pin basting I have had a lot more outside activities.  

Most of the family attended granddaughter Klara's school performance of Starstruck.  Each of the grades, plus the teachers had a dance number with a different tune from a movie  Klara's third grade class performed "Life is a Highway" from the Cars movie.  



Wednesday was my birthday and and the quilters that were at basting day took me to lunch at Panera.   Then that evening my family took me to our favorite Mexican place.  Grandson Jaeger, the slightly taller one, on the right, flew in from a New Mexico for a short break from college.  



Thursday another friend took me to brunch.  Then Thursday night my 2 daughters planned a painting party for me, it included a couple of my daughters friends, granddaughter Kyleigh, Jandra who is her boyfriend Drew's grandmother, and Victoria Drew's mother.  It was such a fun evening.  We got to chose what project we wanted to work on.  When we arrived they had our wooden boards prepared, and the stencils cut out.   We weeded out the remaining parts on the stencils and then painted our boards.    



Kyleigh, Drew and Jandra


They had tons of projects you could choose from



Jandra made this tray for Drew and Kyleigh


Victoria, Jandra and me


Daughters Katie and Kristen are on the right


This was my completed project.  

Friday Kyleigh, Jandra and Victoria and I went to lunch too for my birthday.  Needless to say, I have had a lot of leftovers in my frig, and never felt so loved.  

Saturday night was grandson Keaton's high school prom at his school.   Keaton and Addie make such a cute couple.  They are juniors in high school.  



This week I also received my choices for the $50 gift card I got One Of The Flockwho have a great Etsy shop with wools, felts and all sorts of great kits.  I won this on the Autumn Jubilee going on at From My Carolina Home.    I really appreciate their generosity in this prize.  



For slow stitching this week, I will be working on my woolie gnome project, and putting binding and hand sewing it down on my brother Bill's quilt.  This is going to take awhile I think.  



Check out the Hand Quilt along Links below.  

Hand Quilt Along Links

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanetteSharonKarrinDaisy, and  Cathie 

I'll be also linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.    Head on over there and check out what everyone there has been up to.  

Sunday morning, daughters Kristen and Katie and I will be participating in the Breast Cancer march at the state capital, so we will be up at the crack of dawn to be there at 7 a.m.  

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! You had a wonderful week of celebration with family and friends. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! You certainly had many great celebrations. I love the board painting idea. Your Christmas Tree is very pretty. Your brother's quilt is almost done. I like what you chose with your gift card. Your gnome is adorable. Enjoy all of your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Your gnome is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Karrin! It sounds like a great week. The painting projects look especially fun! I love your little gnome design, too. Enjoy stitching down that binding, too. I bet you're really excited to get that quilt finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful Birthday and memories, love your board, so suitable with that stencil, what a grand way to be together and all take home a lasting memory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday. You did have a busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to have received the “One of the Flock” prize so close to your birthday! I loved hearing about all the celebrations with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much happy birthday family and friends fun! Love all your projects and that gnome is adorable. very cute - seas and greetings :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:42 PM

    Happy Birthday! You certainly know how to make the celebration stretch out over the whole week! Cute paint projects and I love those gnomes. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! What a sweet little gnome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a loving family and I am very happy for you! Oh those lovely lunches and suppers with family sound so good! Happy Happy Birthday and you continue to stay as busy as you are. Keeps you young! Hugs

    ReplyDelete