Thursday, September 14, 2023

ScrapHappy September

It’s again time for showing off our scrap projects!  ScrapHappy is open to anyone using up scraps of anything – no new materials. It can be a quilt block, pincushion, bag or hat, jewelry, dolls, socks or a sculpture.   I even made a new flower garden with leftover paving stones.  Anything made of scraps is eligible.

If you'd like to join us and use up your scrap collection, instead of sitting around in bags, etc, why not join us on the 15th of each month? Either e-mail Kate at the address on her Contact Me page, or leave a comment on her Scrap Happy Post.

You can also contact Gun via her blog to join. We welcome new members, and you don’t have to worry about making a long-term commitment or even join in every month. Regular contributors receive an e-mail reminder at least three days before the event.  

On our 5th Wednesday quilt guild sewing day, I made a bunch more potato chip blocks.  One more block and I can put together a small quilt for our guild community service.   You can get the instructions here at Conquering Mt. Scrapmore with Brenda.  


The last guild meeting I picked up these blocks on the free table.  



I'm going on a quilt retreat soon, so I will be cutting up more 2.5 x 4.5 inch cotton rectangles and make more of these blocks.  

I have this large back of cottons to cut up before I leave.  



Be sure and check out what these talented bloggers have been doing using up their scraps. 

KateGun, EvaSueLyndaBirtheTuridSusan (me!), Cathy, Tracy, JanMoira,
EdiSandraChrisAlysClaire93JeanJonDawnJuleGwenSue L,
Sunny, KjerstinVeraAnnDawn 2CarolPreeti
VivNóilinKarrinAmoAlissaLynnHannah, and Tierney

Thanks for stopping by!  

6 comments:

  1. I am so not a scrap quilter, but having them ready for sewing session is so ideal. I do keep strips and some precut pieces together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy the challenge of NOT having tidy precut scraps, since I allow the scrap size/shape to dictate how my scrappy blocks will turn out, but I do see the charm and beauty of what you can do with organised scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've got some fun times coming up. I really, really need to get my scraps going on something, anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a scrap quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:10 AM

    You picked up some great blocks to work with ~ Sharon (nwpaintedlady)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love a scrappy quilt and your chosen layout is very effective.

    ReplyDelete