Saturday, September 30, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

I have been motivated this week to get my Ella Maria Deacon reproduction quilt top together.  I tried to locate more of the sashing I started out with, to no avail.  I purchased the 4 yards I think on clearance over 3 years ago.   What I did was start piecing from either side, so I would have an equal amount of the original sashing.  I found some plain fabric of the same color in my stash and used that for the middle sections.  I did a lot of ripping this week, trying to get the sashings all lined correctly.  



After looking at the whole quilt lying in the driveway, I decided I need to rip again.  I have enough of the flowered sashing to put around the outside.  So I am going to rip again this next week and do that.  It appears to me something is missing otherwise.  



What I will be working on this week for Slow Sunday Stitching is this project from Bird Brain Designs.    I'm a sucker for projects with pumpkins and birds.  


I'll be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.    Head on over and check out what everyone is working on.  

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Your quilt is looking amazing. I am hope that all goes well with the ripping. I look forward to seeing it with the sashing added. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Ella quilt is beautiful. I really need to pull mine out and make a mini quilt of the blocks I have made in blue. Thank you for the inspiration and hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Ella is gorgeous as is! But I know that some quilts can be quite demanding until they are satisfied, so you have to make her happy! LOL I love the new project you are starting and look forward to seeing it come to life! Enjoy your Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:31 AM

    Ella is gorgeous and I know you will get her exactly right :) I like your new pumpkin project too ~ excited to see it when done ~ Sharon (nwpaintedlady)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me, too, on the pumpkins and birds! Your EMD quilt is amazing! Sorry it has involved so much ripping, but it will be perfect when you're finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:54 PM

    Better to be completely happy with your quilt--you have spent a ton of time making all those blocks. It does look fabulous!!!
    What a fun fall stitchery! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this is one gorgeous quilt Karrin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a big job, ripping out seams and resewing- this is a beautiful quilt indeed.

    ReplyDelete