Monday, October 29, 2018

One MONTHLY GOAL

OMG October Finish Link-Up is OPEN!


I finished my one monthly goal for October, which was to get my Great Pumpkin Quilt to flimsy stage.  This is a BOM I started in around 2006 I think.  I fused 4 blocks down, and that was as far as it got.  I picked it up again in July of 2018 and sewed those 4 blocks down.  I have been steadily working on it bit by bit since July, and I was able yesterday to finally achieve flimsy stage for this quilt.  I am so happy to have this one done, I love pumpkin quilts!

 



I noticed after I took this picture that I apparently have the bottom and next to bottom rows reversed, but I think I will probably leave it that way.  I hope to quilt this the first of the year. 

This quilt top was also #6 on my list for the 2018 Finish-A-Long, quarter 4 goals.  I will be linking this up in January.


Thanks for stopping by!.



                                              

7 comments:

  1. Karrin, your quilt is just gorgeous! Congrats on reaching your goal!!! I try and try to answer you back when you say something on my blog, but I don't think it ever reaches you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! So nice to see this all flimsied up. :) This quilt has pulled at me and teased me for years. I'm not sure how I've managed to resist it. Love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So autumn looking and pretty. Wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt looks wonderful! Thanks for linking up to Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you hadn't told me that the rows were reversed, then I would never know the difference. I have never seen this pattern and your version looks terrific! Congrats on reaching your goal...it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very nice. Lots of work and is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your quilt, but then I pretty much love all orange quilts! There's something about pumpkins that makes the season special.

    ReplyDelete