Wednesday, October 03, 2018

2018 Finish-A-Long, Q3 Results


My quarter 3 Finish-A-Long list was rather ambitious for me I realized after I made it.  My original list was here.  I realized I had a lot of hand projects to do and I did accomplish part  of them, and had new projects added after I completed my list.

1)  Embroider 3 Redwork Nursery Rhyme Blocks.  COMPLETED.  I plan to complete this BOM and send them to my DSIL to put together for her first granddaughter.  I have already given her part of them.  I have 6 more blocks to do now.


2)  Great Pumpkin Quilt- I wanted to get 4 of these prepped blocks machine appliqued down,  COMPLETED.  I actually sewed the 4 down here:  


Then I prepped and sewed down 4 more




3)  Prepare and hand-applique 2 Flourishes Blocks, Block 8 and 9.  COMPLETED.




4)  Put together a Quilt of Valor quilt,  with some red, white and blue blocks I have.  NOT COMPLETED.  These are still just blocks.



5)  Crazy Quilting Project.  I wanted to finish up this and send the block back to a friend.  Didn't have a chance to work on this yet.  NOT COMPLETED



6)  Make doll clothes for grandddaughter Klara's new baby for her BD October 29th.  NOT COMPLETED.  This will be done by her birthday


7)  Make cushion for granddaughter Kyleigh's dorm room.  COMPLETED.  


Then I made her this one, with the mermaid so kindly provided by Joy@Days Filled with Joy


Then I made her one to match her graduation quilt I made here:




Then I also made her two pillow cases.  Kyleigh loves the ocean as much as I do!




8)  Sweater for Klara.  I had hoped to start and finish this sweater for Klara's BD.  NOT COMPLETED.  I did start it, and realized this might be too complicated a pattern for me.  So I found a simple vest pattern I haven't started yet.



9)  Penny Rug Project.  I wanted to buttonhole stitch these parts together and attach to the backing fabric.  NOT COMPLETED.  I did 2 sections while I was in Boston, but that was it.  I was not able to see properly with airplane lighting, so I could't work on it on the plane.



So I completed 4 out of 9 of my projects.  I am linking up with co-host Marci@Marci Girl Designs.

Thanks for stopping by!

  

3 comments:

  1. I love comments! If you are a no-reply blogger please leave e-mail for me to contact you. I have found recently, that with very few exceptions, everyone is a no-reply blogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I look at a list of your projects, I'm so impressed with the variety of things you do! I liked every single one, too. =) I know this last quarter is going to be full of awesome finishes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did really well with getting 4 out of 9 done! Love the mermaid :) :) xx

    ReplyDelete