Saturday, March 07, 2009

In Remembrance...




Today I am remembering my mother. This would have been her 77th birthday.

I remember her always having a lovely smile on her face. I remember how much she loved her children and grandchildren and husband. When I was little, she used to sing to me a song, I don't know what it was, but part of the words were "I love you a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck I do". I remember how she was always ready to help others in need.

And for some reason, this year is harder. She has been gone 12 years now, but I am really missing her today.




3 comments:

  1. Oh Karrin thinking of you!
    Know how you are feeling...we never forget do we..But the good memories are all there and nothing can take them away.
    I found the words for you http://www.lyriczz.com/lyrics/doris-day/88455-a-bushel-and-a-peck/
    Hugs from Pam UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Karrin,
    I can imagine your current feelings, her longing must be the hardest part!
    I know nothing fills her place in your life but unfortunately this is the reality of life.
    I send you all my love from thousands miles away.
    Hugs,
    Rengin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karrin, I commented the other day then erased it because it was too mushy. I know how you feel.Our hearts will always ache for lost loved ones I'm afraid. Keeping your wonderful memories close is comforting.Beautiful tribute to your mom.
    Gentle hugs,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete