Sunday, August 26, 2018

Hand Quilt-A-Long (HQAL)


I'm joining the Hand Quilt A Long organized by Kathy@ Sewing Etc.  This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another.  We post every three weeks,to show our progress and encourage one another. If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group, contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyLoriMargaretKerryEmmaTracyDebConnieSusan,  NanetteSassy , EdithSharon, and Karrin

I have been doing lots of projects recently that are all hand stitching.  First off, one of my goals for the Finish-A-Long, Quarter 3 co-hosted by Marci@ Marci Girl Designs was to get 2 Flourishes BOM done.  This was a Piece of Cake BOM from a number of years ago.  My quilt shop owner knew I liked to applique, and asked if I would stitch one for the shop,and she would give me the materials to do my own.  I got the shop's done, but mine got stalled on block 7.  I pulled the bag out of the closet recently and I am trying to get block 8 and 9 done for my Finish-A-Long goal this time.  I sort of got stalled out the past week or two as I was working on my daughter's BD quilt.  You can read about it here.

This is the Flourishes block I am working on and trying to finish up soon, as I still have block 8 to stitch.  It is prepared though.


This is the stage in my progress.  I still have the upper apples and leaves to stitch.




I'm leaving this Tuesday to take my granddaughter back to college in Massachusetts.  One day when I am back there, I am thrilled to be meeting up with a crazy quilting friend.  I thought I would finish up this stitchery to take with me as a gift. 


I have 2 pumpkins to finish and some words at the bottom.  I'll be working hard on this in the next day or two to get this done.  


I'm really excited to join this Hand Quilt A Long, and look forward to seeing everyone's progress.  Be sure and visit the other member's links noted above and see what they are up to.

Thanks for stopping by!


























9 comments:

  1. Love your flourishes block, it's beautiful! The embroidered gift looks fun too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to get blogger to send me comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Karrin, your appliqué quilt is wonderful! Just watching you will spur me on as well. Enjoy your meet up with your quilting friend. Safe travels this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just the cutest block ever, with your pretty birds! I love hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the HQAL!! I will enjoy seeing these projects progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome! Lovely projects! Is it not amazing how a project can get laid aside and with a little encouragement from some fellow bloggers can motivate one .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to do a lot of primitive hand stitcheries and turned them into pillows. I love your pumpkins-someone will have a great gifty suprise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flourishes looks fabulous! That isn't really too much to do now. What a great trip you're going to have, BUT it will be hard to leave her there at the end. I hope she has a wonderful year! The stitchery is terrific for fall, and I know she will just love it - it's a great design, and it's stitched by YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome Karrin, your stitching looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete