Saturday, September 12, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

Another busy week has passed.  Recently I signed up for the Free Motion Quilting class @String and Story with HollyAnne Knight.  I took this test recently to find out what FMQ motif I was.  You can click the link, and get a free lesson into how to make the motif.  I took the test before and the result was a wishbone, but I mishit a couple of questions so I retook it.  I love making pebbles.




The first class was this week, and these are my practice pieces.  I'm still getting the hang of swirls, and getting the tension right.




Last week I also finished Cassandra's Circle block by Barbara Brackman @Civil War Quilts.  



I also I was able to finish a block for the private Christmas BOM I am in.



For Slow Sunday Stitching this week I will be working on this piece.  I need to stitch down the wool pieces.  It is a stitch along I am doing on the Facebook group Quilts by Cheri Friendship Group.  This was designed by Marian Edwards.


I'll be linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching @ Kathy's Quilts.  Head on over there and check out what everyone else is working on.  It's my favorite thing to do on Sundays.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. I think I could maybe handle FMQing on very small pieces but tackling a large quilt is so hard! Your applique block is sweet in those blues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Cassandra block. Your FMQ looks great, pebbles are really cute. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting is looking great. The Cassandra block is beautiful in blues. You always pick the perfect colors for your applique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your FMQ looks wonderful to me! Also the Cassandra block - such pretty colors. The Halloween block looks like a fun one to spend some time on today - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The circle block is so beautiful!
    And that Halloween project is fabulous... enjoy the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fabric choices for the Cassandra's Circle block! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are always doing something new and learning, I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Christmas fabric you are using is pretty. How cool you are practising you FMQ....what you have stitched thus far is looking fabulous! Cassandra's Circle block is so pretty. Every time I look at those pretty shades blue, it strikes me how lovely it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How many blocks in your Christmas quilt? Your blocks this week are lovely. Fun Halloween stitching too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man, look at you go!! Your Cassandra's block is lovely!! I love the blues!! *swoon* :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love the blues in your Cassandra's Circle! What a beautiful block. And how fun to take a quiz on FMQ! I'm off to do that right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your work is lovely, I love the Halloween piece the free motion quilting is looking good!, thank you for your blog visit.

    ReplyDelete