Saturday, September 26, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

 Another week has flown by.   Last Sunday we celebrated my youngest grandson John's BD with the immediate family.  We had a nice  BBQ dinner and ice cream cake.  




Last week my youngest grandchildren started school for 3 hours in the morning, and I pick them up and drive them to my other daughter's house where they do their assignments at her house.   This takes up about 2 hours of my time each day, but I get to see everyone briefly.  The older  boys are still doing their classes online.

I did manage to finish up a few projects this week though.

Two blocks for the QAL By the Sea by Partners in Design.  


I also made this Pine Burr block from the Pieces of the Past sewalong by Melva Loves Scraps.  This block took me two days and much ripping out of the Paper pieced blocks.  Not my favorite thing to do!  


I finished this embroidery of this tea towel.



I also finished this embroidery from the Kathy Schmitz One Stitch At a Time Embroidery Club.



What I will be working for Slow Sunday Stitching this week is this freebie from Love & Hugs for Christmas by Marg Low Designs.   



I will be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.    Be sure and hop over there and see what everyone has been up to.  

I have also been extensively working in my garden this week, trying to ready for our hopefully rainy weather one of these days.  We had been enjoying better weather this week in the 80's instead of 90's and 100s.  I have been cleaning up leaves, cutting things back, replacing bark, etc.  I still need to trim some bushes  and clean out the gutters.  Unfortunately our temperatures will be going back up to the 90's and 100 on Wednesday next week. So I will have to get out right after breakfast, before I pick up the grandchildren if I want to accomplish these.  

My Amaranthus has gotten even bigger, I have nothing else to tie it too, so it is sort of bent over now, but still beautiful.


My dahlia has bloomed some more too.



That's all for this week.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  

20 comments:

  1. Picking up you grandchildren from school each day is quite a commitment but the payoff of seeing them all everyday is a great plus. So pleased you could have a family get together for John's birthday. Celebrations are really important in these difficult times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Lyndsey said about picking up the grands! I'm sure your children appreciate that a lot, too! :) Your By the Sea blocks are gorgeous!! So you is your pear stitchery! The little letter-sending birdie is going to be fun to work on -- enjoy your slow stitching today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your By the Sea blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many cute projects on the go! Nice embroidery. Great that you can help out with your grandchildren. It takes a village to raise children

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always so happy I can help with the grandchildren, my DIL appreciates it so much. Hope you get some rain soon and cooler temps too. Happy stitching~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karrin, You are blessed to have interactions with your grands most every day and that they aRE in your bubble :) That is so awesome! I love your blocks you got done and your embroidery.. I was just commenting on another blog I need to get some Kathy Schmidt embroidery iron ons... I like the one you have planned to do too :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that quilt block, but I can totally understand why it might have taken some ripping out to get it just right. Your embroidery is so very pretty. You have definitely been busy with your grandchildren. That is a big commitment, but necessary in these strange times. I hope you can get some cooler weather to work in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    Love all your projects...really like the Christmas stitching
    your going to do...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These days it takes a village to deal with the remote schooling of children!
    You are getting so much stitching done... I don't know how you do all this!
    I adorable the embroidery you have finished and the new one is so cute too.
    I made the star block for my mini quilt this month and must get it quilted and bound.
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some great finishes! That pine burr is a very difficult block and I'm with you paper piecing makes things possible sometimes but it wears me out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is nothing more important than family time! :)

    You still manage to get quite a bit done...love the projects!

    The amaranthus is gorgeous! I want to try to grow that here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for you to get that time with your kids and grandkids! Love your tea towel design and the other embroidery you're working on, too. The Sea QAL blocks are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. With all that your family and garden commitments you have still managed to work on a lot of projects...wow! Why, I believe your amaranthus is the tallest one I have ever seen. It must love you. =) Loving your By the Sea blocks; those waves are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. an amaranthe! It's stunning!!! beautiful embroidery, using outline stitch? Mine always tilts or sort of opens up.
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your GS is so cute in his little birthday crown! Your stitcheries look so nice and the little bird mailing a letter to Santa will be darling. That Pine Burr block is crazy, though! It looks really complicated and like it has big teeth :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many great projects you have created and are working on. Nice blocks and tea towells.
    So nice that you can help drive the grandchildren. Well spent time.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday to your grandson! Love your stitch a long blocks too. So many great projects although that star block looks mighty complicated and I'm with you picking out those bits of paper are real pain!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those by the Sea quilt blocks are pretty and those embroideries are so sweet, enjoy stitching the Love and Hugs piece. Lovely flowers in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the way the waves are represented in the ocean block. I have not seen that before. It really gives the impression of big waves.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Big commitment, but how wonderful to be able to imprint on your grands like that! As usual, you inspire me with all your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete