Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Hearts on Fire Blog Hop, My Day

 


The Hearts on Fire Blog Hop started yesterday and so many great projects I have seen the past two days!  If you haven't had a chance to visit anyone yet, the schedule for the whole hop is below.

When Carol @Just Let Me Quilt announced this blog hop, making something with hearts, any color but red, I knew just what I wanted to do.  

I am also a crazy quilter, and haven't been doing much of that lately, and wanted to make a crazy quilt heart pillow.  As my favorite colors are blue and turquoise those colors would be used.

My husband got me a Cricut for my birthday last year, and I have been wanting to put that to more use than just what I did at Christmas.  

I first found a sort of wonky heart I liked and cut it out with card stock on the Cricut.


I transferred the heart to a piece of muslin I was going to be crazy piecing onto.  I used an image of my husband for 45 years,  my soulmate and love of my life for 48 years.  I also like to put a piece of batting on the back to make it firmer for the stitches to come.



I started piecing it, and then thought maybe it would be a good idea to put the heart on the back so I would know how far I needed to piece.


After I finished piecing the whole heart, I couldn't see it anymore on the front, so I turned it to the backside and stitched 1/4 inch out from that image of the heart.  

I wanted to cut on "Crazy For You" out of iron-on vinyl on the Cricut, and I spent 2 days browsing fonts, but finally made a choice.  Later after I ironed this on, I found an SVG file that said the same thing, but kept the same one.  I cut out the heart on this piece of fabric so I could attach my crazy pieced heart in the middle.


I had set the heart I cut out on the backing, and I got to thinking maybe I wanted to add some words to that too and add it to the back of the cushion.  


Went to get more iron-on vinyl, and browsed SVGs for another afternoon, and finally found one I loved.


I assembled the pillow.  I found some really funky lace trim in my stash I think my friend Cathy @Crazy by Design sent me last year when I was working on a project last year.  I thought it was perfect for this project.  


When I was quilting the front, I had quilted a heart around the Crazy For You part.  I decided it needed more quilting and decided to quilt some pebbles.  



That is my project, and many thanks to Carol @Just Let Me Quilt for this fun hop!  Be sure and visit the others below and see their lovely projects!

Creatin' in the Sticks

Life in the Scrapatch

Freckled Fox Quiltery

All Thingz Sewn

Den Syende Himmel

That Fabric Feeling

 January 19

MooseStashQuilting

Websterquilt

Words & Stitches

Vroomans Quilts

Quilt Schmilt

Cynthia's Creating Ark

Songbird Designs

 January 20

Selina Quilts

Stitchin At Home

Samelia's Mum

Just Sew Quilter

Scrapdash

Karrin’s Crazy World

The Darling Dogwood

 January 21

Quilt Fabrication

Ms P Designs USA

Beaquilter

Becky’s Adventures in Quilting and Travel

Ridge Top Quilt

For The Love Of Geese

Sew Many Yarns

Quilting Gail

January 22

Just Let Me Quilt

Karen's Korner

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs

Quilt In A Not-Shell

Storied Quilts

Kathy's Kwilts and More

Homespun Hannah's Blog

30 comments:

  1. Such a sweet pillow! Thanks for sharing the whole process. I love the scrappy blue heart on the lighter blue background. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crazy pillow is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, and it came out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pillow! It is gorgeous and the quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love just oozes from this post. I love it. Great story of your process and I enjoyed looking at every step. What a beautiful pillow. A true gift from your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That looks awesome, and such a heartfelt (pun not intended but it's awesome so I'm keeping it) project! I love everything about this project, and I enjoyed seeing your process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's not only beautiful, but so very special. Congratulation on not only a beautiful finish, but 48 years with the one you truly love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a special and beautiful pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very very pretty pillow! I love the LOVE YOU put into it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karrin, that's just lovely! What a keepsake! I love how you used that great photo of you and John, and added the words also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just the sweetest and most precious pillow...so full of love! All the little details you added really made this a treasure. Thank you for showing how you made it! I'm so glad you hopped with us, Karrin, and shared your no-red heart. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karrin, that is even lovelier than I had imagined when you mentioned it. This is such a wonderful keepsake and salute to the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful crazy heart pillow! It's truly a treasure. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea! Love how your heart turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful keepsake you have created. It's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is such a great crazy heart quilt! Love your little personal touches. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a fun pillow project. I love your crazy patchwork and all of your extra special additions to the front and back. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. I have to return to this post tomorrow and study it closer. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Crazy Quilting and the lace on the edge of the pillow remind me of vintage. Your heart with the picture is absolutely wonderful. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Quick question. What did you use to make the picture as part a of the pillow?

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet project for the Hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That looks fabulous! It will be a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome pillow! You are sew creative! Nice use of your Cricut too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This pillow is so special! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful project! I am inspired to try crazy piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is really a cute pillow and design. 'Love the wonky heart.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful pillow! I love the color and all the wonderful little details ... <3 Pat

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love adding the photo image into the piece and all the little detail - very special project.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh I love your pillow. The photo, your crazy quilting stitches it is all so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete