Saturday, January 16, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching

This week has been one of those weeks I haven't felt I have gotten much done.  Our excitement this week was our air pump deciding to go on the blink.  It was working, but running all the time, not cycling on and off like it usually does.  I was able to get someone out the next day and found out it was totally out of refrigerant.  We did get a nice discount when we signed up for a maintenance program.  We might have to get new coils at some point, but the leak was fixed and the refrigerant replaced.

Late last week a former coworker called and asked if I would quilt a baby quilt for her second grandchild.  I had done the first grandchild's baby quilt years ago.  She had inherited blocks her grandmother had embroidered and with my help assembled it into a quilt.  This time, she embroidered the blocks herself, and has never embroidered.  Her stitches were very large, and one had come loose, but I fixed that.  The quilt top was also very wonky, but I managed to straighten it out.  I took a picture of the top, but neglected to take a picture of the finished quilt.


I did manage to get the binding done.  



Monday granddaughter Kyleigh came over for a farewell BLT lunch.  She and her dad headed back to MA for the rest of her junior year in nursing school.  


She brought over her old sock monkey  She was going to give it to Klara, but apparently one of the dogs got ahold of it, and ripped the stuffing out of the face and its ear was half off.  Klara apparently has always wanted a sock monkey but she turned up her nose at this one.  Kyleigh said she would "take it to Gramma to fix"

This is the result.  I told Klara the poor think had been in a dog mauling, and the plastic surgeon did the best he could.


I've been working on my Hearts On Fire Blog Hop project, and ran into a number of roadblocks.  I was trying to find a script font to use to cut some words out on my Cricut.  It took  me several days to make up my mind amongst everything else.  Then I was looking for a special picture, I came across it once in my folders of pictures on my computer, but they are labeled by month.  I ran into it once, but didn't put it on my desktop, so I had to search again!  

About 12 years ago, for my birthday I asked for family pictures with a professional photographer.  This was one they did of John and I together and I love it!


For Slow Sunday Stitching this week, I will be stitching on my Hearts on Fire Blog Hop project.  I need to finish the embroidery on this so I can assemble it. 



Linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.    Head on over and see what everyone has been up to!  My favorite Sunday activity~  

Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

  1. What a great picture of you two! The plastic surgeon did a great job on the sock monkey. I hope she likes it. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your granddaughter looks so much like you! Great job on the sock monkey rescue!
    Enjoy your hand stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing as Kathy - you and your granddaughter look so much alike! Lovely picture of you and John, too, Karrin. So nice of you to quilt your friend's quilt and fix up the sock monkey! I'm looking forward to this week's blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an excellent job as a plastic surgeon on the sock monkey. Your granddaughter is a beautiful woman. And I love your picture with John. Happy stitching today.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an excellent job with the plastic surgery on the monkey. It was kind of you to help your friend with the quilt. It looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely family photos! Great job rescuing the monkey, and your embroidery is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grammas can fix anything. The sock monkey is sweet and what a lovely job you did on the baby quilt. Love the photo of your and Kyleigh and the one of you and John is beautiful. I can see why it is one of your favourite photographs. Glad your air pump is all sorted. Enjoy stitching your pretty blue embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get called upon to fix stuffed animals and dog toys too. The sock monkey looks as good as new. Great picture of you and John! You did a great job on the baby quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sock monkeys plastic surgery worked wonders! Beautiful photo of you and your husband, I can see why you love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That’s a great picture of you and John! And you did good on the sock monkey!!

    ReplyDelete