Monday, March 01, 2021

Dust Off a Quilt Book Blog Hop, My Day


 

Welcome to the second day, and my day of the Dust Off a Quilt Book Blog Hop!  Many thanks to Bea @Beaquilter for hosting this hop again.  This is my third year participating and I always enjoy pulling out my quilt books and choosing a project. 

In 2020 I made this quilt.  Still isn't quilted though.


In 2019 I made this one for my husband.  I did quilt this one already, and he uses it when he gets really cold.  It is flannel on both the top and backing and really heavy.  



This year I chose this book Small Favorites For All Seasons by Barb Adams and Alma Allen from 2004 of Blackbird Designs called Patriotic Delivery.



Too bad I didn't follow directions very well, I forgot to add the beige stripe between the red and blue on the border.  I didn't realize it until after I was fusing things down.  


I even quilted it twice.  The first time I started out free motion quilting and checked the back and it looked fine to start out with.  I looked at it when I was almost done again and I had a bunch of eyelashes on the back.  So I ripped it out and quilted it again the next day.



I showed my husband the finished product and he said he really, really liked this one which is more than he usually says.  I asked him if he would like me to hang it beside his bed and he said he would.  He sleeps in the living room in a hospital bed because of his medical problems.  So now it is hung where he can see it!  

Thanks again Bea @ Beaquilter for hosting this great blog hop, one I look forward to every year.  Be sure and check out the others in the hop, the list is below.  

Monday 3/1

Words and Stitches  

 Samelia’s Mum

High Road Quilter


Tuesday 3/2

  Karin’s Crazy World

Lemon Tree Snippets  

Anjaquilts


Wednesday 3/3

Beaquilter

   Cynthia’s Creating Ark

  A Quilting Readers Garden


Thursday 3/4

Kathy’s Kwilts and More       

Quilting Patchwork Applique

 The Darling Dogwood

 Creatin' in the Sticks


Friday 3/5

Beaquilter

Quilting at the farm  

 Kathleen McMusing

8 comments:

  1. I really like your border option better! I remember when my mom's husband slept in a hospital bed in their living room now I think my mom uses it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! You did a lovely job on it and your husband loves it...best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks wonderful and if you hadn't mentioned the border, I don't think we'd have noticed it. I'm pleased your hubby likes it near his bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely project, and so sweet for your husband 😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great. I prefer your version without the extra beige border.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great patriotic wall hanging. It really is great and you made it your own by doing the border that way. Such a sweet gift for your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those sailing ships from last year area really impressive. This year's project turned out beautifully! Congrats on the fun finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great wall-hanging design, Karrin! I love the wavy flag and the way the stars go over the border. We'll never miss that in between border. How neat that your husband likes it so much, and that he told you!

    ReplyDelete